Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Live look at @Liu Kang
fnvynzsxoaahxte-removebg-previ.png
I'm disappointed only, not that sad. I'm not a PSG fan, I just support French teams in CL :lolbron:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
We have to discuss Messi's season... he had a moment vs. City and i thought alright he can still be maybe 75% of what he was... had to give him time to adjust too..

But guess what? Those moments were few and far between. He's not Jordan on the Wizards... that would be a disservice to MJ.

He truly is :flabbynsick:
Honestly, he played well today. Vision, passing, take ons were there and he even had the legs tonight. His finishing seems done though.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
He’s washed mentally and physically. Ronaldo just washed physically but he’s still got the fire mentally.

Ronaldo has no choice. You can't just coast mentally in England.. it's an actual competitive league. He has to go out there and give a sh-t even if he's washed physically.

Messi just coasting vs. these French teams

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Idk that contract PSG is offering is way too good for Mbappe to give up imo

When Madrid was chasing after their 10th, they couldn't get past the round of 16 or semi finals for like a decade straight. Eventually PSG will win it

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I'm disappointed only, not that sad. I'm not a PSG fan, I just support French teams in CL :lolbron:
So then you're here on the Macron scale
fnapabgxeaib-cg-removebg-previ.png

Honestly, he played well today. Vision, passing, take ons were there and he even had the legs tonight. His finishing seems done though.
Yeah Messi was really good today. The link up play, weight of his passes :ohlawd: but he just doesn't have the footspeed and lateral quickness of old to get past defenders in the box :manny:

But at least he's aware of it and adjusted his game unlike Ronaldo who can't even stay on his feet on cutbacks :hhh:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
From memory :
- PSG lost against Chelsea after winning 3-1
- PSG lost against United after winning 2-0
- PSG lost against Barca after winning 4-0
- PSG lost this tie after winning 1-0 and being 1 up

That's at least 4 upsets in 10 seasons under 4 different coaches. Feels like even prime Mou wouldnt be able to cure this team :francis:

Even against City in the group stages, Bayern (which they won on away goals)

When playing against big teams they always seem to win the first leg, get gassed they got over their hump then choke the second leg :dead:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Man I just rewatched the goals and Donnarumma gave the first and Marqui just put the ball back in Benz' feet on the third. I knew Marqui was having a bad game when he did that backheel in the first half. He's usually super solid but he was shaky all night.

It's crazy that all the PSG upsets are really just their defense crumbling. When Ole had that comeback game, the 3 goals were gifted. Against Barca, there were some nonsensical mistakes on at least 2 goals. And I even think both Chelsea scorers scored off a deflection when they won.

There are some karmic forces at play here. shyt defies logic:patrice:

Only Zidane and his legendary luck can save PSG. These dudes are doomed.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Even against City in the group stages, Bayern (which they won on away goals)

When playing against big teams they always seem to win the first leg, get gassed they got over their hump then choke the second leg :dead:
Yeah you're right I think it's overconfidence then shookness once they realize they're not really over it which leads to them crumbling.

I thought the last couple of years had cured them but damn was I wrong.