Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The injuries hurt him, but all of that other stuff is nonsense. In the grand scheme of things he just wasn’t as good as advertised. The media was so desperate for an old school playmaker to champion that they looked passed his deficiencies. When Seedorf said that Ganso wasn’t an elite player yet and that he would struggle in Europe people got pissed, but his criticisms were dead on.

They kept playing a clip of dude nutmegging somebody but Clarence nipped that shyt in the bud, said cats can't predict how someone's career is gonna turn out based on highlight videos and kept trying to remind them any decent defender wouldn't let shyt like that fly anyway and that he could be aight at best as a deep-lying playmaker but he's too slow for anything past that.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Idk what he was thinking ... signing with spurs. What did he hope to achieve?

Just take a few months off...

Apart from going back to Juve he really doesn't have too many options especially with United chose to look elsewhere. :manny: Also by the looks of things United players just aren't interested in running which you have to do under Conte.

Barca Real and PSG are a no.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Don’t FIFA penalize national teams for government overreach. What makes this different?

Only when it’s on the game itself. IIRC Goodluck Jonathan, then Presido of Nigeria, threatened Super Eagles for a poor performance at AFCON/not qualifying. I think CAF or FIFA said if Goodluck Jonathan enacted that, then the Super Eagles would be barred from the WC.

I think that’s the story but it’s been a while.

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
I said something like this last week but you articulated it way better than I could. Seeing all these Ukrainian flags in peoples profiles, the same ones who are anti-immigration and kneeling is just beyond hypocrisy.

Politically neutral only when it’s convenient. Qatar is still hosting the World Cup but the fools now want to be moral arbiters? I swear I hate this world. :hhh:

Always expect it from these cacs

fukk em

Need to get the fukk out of this country and back home

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London

As a Chelsea fan the future is grim and dark. Either we get a consortium or an American owner who'll devour Chelsea for profits without a title run backing or become a state owned club. Like, no matter what, there isn't another billionaire out there that loves the club and is willing to throw hundreds of millions against the wall to buy attackers that may or may not be effective for our set up. Or spend a billy to replace Stamford Bridge. We'll likely stagnate and enter that Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs tier.

Creates an interesting what if. If the Saudis waited a couple more months Chelsea would likely be owned by the Saudis.