Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Papering over the many cracks at the club.

Ain't no cracks being papered over. We have a good 14/15 man squad at the moment, that's slowly but surely learning how to be good together. This has been a very straight forward season, where we are really getting a realistic conclusion what this team actually is.

We are one off the best off the rest teams. Barring the first 3 games, the results have shown this. We haven't lost to any teams we are better then, and the teams that are clearly better then us, we've lost to, barring United(same level).

Our weaknesses are obvious, no finisher, and lacking depth in the middle. Our defensive record is not a mirage, it's real. We're a hard team to score against.

I'm seeing the things I need to see, the little things are finally starting to get done consistently.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
giphy.gif

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I been critical of Odegaard and Arteta but the last few weeks, :whew: . Odegaard moving like a captain. I just wanted him to stop being a p*ssy but he's been immense since New Years. He always found pockets superbly but now he's kicked on and that has helped Partey and Saka.

Arteta - the togetherness of the squad he should be credited for. Can't remember an Arsenal team this spicy. :noah:

We got the Embiid stamp. :mjcry:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV

Naiji breh helping Rangers beat Dortmund. :blessed:

Eguavoen needs to do the needful. I’m always in support of selecting defenders that play together. Rangers seem to be doing well so he and Balogun could be our starting CBs.

Hopefully they make a deep run in EL so they can play some bigger opponents and get that big game experience needed before the WCQ.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I been critical of Odegaard and Arteta but the last few weeks, :whew: . Odegaard moving like a captain. I just wanted him to stop being a p*ssy but he's been immense since New Years. He always found pockets superbly but now he's kicked on and that has helped Partey and Saka.

Arteta - the togetherness of the squad he should be credited for. Can't remember an Arsenal team this spicy. :noah:

We got the Embiid stamp. :mjcry:

:blessed:

Top 4