Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Montez

Superstar
Daps

It's never gonna happen fam :mjcry:

We really spent the last of Abramovich's money on Lukaku :dead:

giphy.gif

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV

Idk about this. I understand the USWMNT has actually won the WC, but in terms of ad sponsorship the USMNT get’s way more in revenue. Football is just more popular on the Men’s side of the house hence the bigger audience and money pool.

If the Nigerian Super Falcons win the WC, kudos to them. But I bet you if/when the Super Eagles win the WC it’ll be pandemonium.

But these are the times we’re living in :hubie:

Montez

Superstar
Daps

Idk about this. I understand the USWMNT has actually won the WC, but in terms of ad sponsorship the USMNT get’s way more in revenue. Football is just more popular on the Men’s side of the house hence the bigger audience and money pool.

If the Nigerian Super Falcons win the WC, kudos to them. But I bet you if/when the Super Eagles win the WC it’ll be pandemonium.

But these are the times we’re living in :hubie:

Some years the women do, others they don't. USSF had muddied the finances so it's hard to gauge. When the men make it to the WC they crush the women but they been jokes for too long.

When the Wall Street Journal audited the federation’s financial reports, it found that the U.S. women’s soccer games earned more than the men’s games, in total, during three years after the women’s team won the World Cup in 2015.

Specifically, from 2016-18, the women’s team brought in $50.8 million in revenue, while the men’s team brought in $49.9 million. That’s a difference of less than 2% in the women’s favor.

Looking year by year, 2016 was actually the only year in which the women’s team generated more revenue from games — $24.11 million, compared to $22.24 million for the men. In 2017, both teams brought in about the same revenue at $14.61 million, and in 2018, the men’s team brought in $13 million compared to the women’s $12.03 million.

PolitiFact - Does the U.S. women’s soccer team bring in more revenue but get paid less than the men?

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
End of discussion IMO :yeshrug: fukk the USMNT they get no respect from me until they win the World Cup, might as well let the females get paid like them.

Nah, can’t rock with this. The level of competition in the Men’s WC is far higher than that of the Women’s WC. There is more ad revenue in the Men’s WC as well.

The achievements of the two are not the same. Let us keep it a whole 1000%.

I respect was the USWNT has done but I think you should be paid proportionally to the revenue you generate.

Some years the women do, others they don't. USSF had muddied the finances so it's hard to gauge. When the men make it to the WC they crush the women but they been jokes for too long.

And the men’s NT has made every WC since I think 1990 barring 2018. Like you said, the finances are muddied but last I checked the USMNT does far more in terms of sponsorship.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Lukaku is deservedly dropped for a bad performance at the weekend. Fair enough.

But Havertz and Pulisic (two of the worst performers in general and who were equally as bad on Saturday) continue to start. :unimpressed: