Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth

I accept that. But isnt it easier to just say once its extra time, its 0-0 i.e. away goals dont count anymore?

away goals counting in extra time never made any sense so they should have just removed that not the whole away goals rule.

I wont be surprised if they put it back in soon.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I’ve honestly gone off football for the past couple of years. The greed has always been there but once they started fukking with the formula, I’ve become less and less interested. This abolishing the away goal rule is ridiculous.

Imagine if the NBA increased the playoffs series to best out of 9? You’re just diluting the formula. The super league proposal is just another example of how trash it’s becoming.

I’ll probably watch the odd game and World Cup, but outside of that, UEFA are just alienating and pricing out grassroots fans. Just wait until they introduce a half time show and “Kiss Cam”. These overpaid divas had made a mockery of the game.

Might be time to start watching the “lower” leagues now. :camby:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I accept that. But isnt it easier to just say once its extra time, its 0-0 i.e. away goals dont count anymore?

away goals counting in extra time never made any sense so they should have just removed that not the whole away goals rule.

I wont be surprised if they put it back in soon.
Yea, that's what I thought they'd do, but I guess they just preferred to do away with it completely.