Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I'll never understand making your best pen taker go last. Portugal got punished in the same way years ago when they lost a WC shootout without Ronaldo taking a pen.

Best pen taker should go first. Rest of the team can build confidence from that point.
Yup. It’s weird

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
I'll never understand making your best pen taker go last. Portugal got punished in the same way years ago when they lost a WC shootout without Ronaldo taking a pen.

Best pen taker should go first. Rest of the team can build confidence from that point.

It is for dramatic purposes; one some closer type of shyt. Usually the fifth penalty is the deciding one

Daps
Glad Senegal won, Egypt had a tougher route to the final but they really didn’t play anything.

Senegal deff deserved that. Also very happy for Cissé. Came close in 2002 at the Bamako AFCON as a player. Lost in 2019 as a coach and finally delivered at the third time of asking. Glad the Senegalese FA stuck with him. After the 2018 WC lack of qualification from the group and the 2019 AFCON loss, a lot of other FAs would have sacked him.

WCQ Rematch in a month.
You were right about the result of the Senegal vs Egypt match! I humbly hold that 'L'.