Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
I stopped watching after Mane's penalty miss :russ: I felt like that was a sign from God that it just wasn't going to happen for Senegal because it was going to penalties

I have no idea what happened after that except they went to extra time

did it go to penalty or someone score the winner?

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
Lol why are you interviewing a player who just lost the final with a damn man of the match trophy in his hands?? That shyt looked like a comedy sketch

only in Africa :pachaha:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Lol why are you interviewing a player who just lost the final with a damn man of the match trophy in his hands?? That shyt looked like a comedy sketch

only in Africa :pachaha:
Lionel-Messi-014.jpg

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Glad Senegal won, Egypt had a tougher route to the final but they really didn’t play anything.

Senegal deff deserved that. Also very happy for Cissé. Came close in 2002 at the Bamako AFCON as a player. Lost in 2019 as a coach and finally delivered at the third time of asking. Glad the Senegalese FA stuck with him. After the 2018 WC lack of qualification from the group and the 2019 AFCON loss, a lot of other FAs would have sacked him.

WCQ Rematch in a month.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Three penalty shoot-outs for Egypt and Salah only took one :mjpls:

I'll never understand making your best pen taker go last. Portugal got punished in the same way years ago when they lost a WC shootout without Ronaldo taking a pen.

Best pen taker should go first. Rest of the team can build confidence from that point.