Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Its got to be either Agbonlahor or Onuoha.

Tbh Agbonlahor is too much of Brummie. He probably gets homesick if he's away from Birmingham for more than 24 hours

John Fashanu!!! He was ahead of my time that’s why. I think he was one of the first / more high profile cases.

Sorry, breh isn’t Igbo that might have thrown you off.

Yea Gabby I remember and Nedum was big during the 2010 WC. I remember watching a Super Sports show where the mentioned him snubbing the NFF and then someone had said he didn’t learn from Fashanu.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
John Fashanu!!! He was ahead of my time that’s why. I think he was one of the first / more high profile cases.

Sorry, breh isn’t Igbo that might have thrown you off.

Yea Gabby I remember and Nedum was big during the 2010 WC. I remember watching a Super Sports show where the mentioned him snubbing the NFF and then someone had said he didn’t learn from Fashanu.

That long ago. That's from when I was a yout in short pants. From when he was picked England had a lack of strikers barring Lineker. England took a 2nd division striker to Italia 90 that's how bad it was back then.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
That long ago. That's from when I was a yout in short pants. From when he was picked England had a lack of strikers barring Lineker. England took a 2nd division striker to Italia 90 that's how bad it was back then.

Yea from that long ago. He was like the first big case that we Nigerians used as a warning to other players. I think he was capped like 3/4 times and didn’t feature in the WC for 90.

I know Linekar was around and despite Fashanu doing relatively well at AFC Wimbeldon, I think the conventional wisdom in Nigeria was England would look to pick white guy before Fashanu.