Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Sometimes we can play to the quality of the opposition. Very annoying when that happens. I think we've had a slow start so far.
We do but I have faith in this team. Tunisia are gonna play not to lose we don’t need to force it, only way we lose is if we beat ourselves.

Was just about to post that. Very impressed with him this tournament.
Crazy that Rohr wasn’t starting him :snoop:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Yea from that long ago. He was like the first big case that we Nigerians used as a warning to other players. I think he was capped like 3/4 times and didn’t feature in the WC for 90.

I know Linekar was around and despite Fashanu doing relatively well at AFC Wimbeldon, I think the conventional wisdom in Nigeria was England would look to pick white guy before Fashanu.

There's only been 100 black players to represent England.

The last 4 years of Robson's reign (82-90) he had at least 2 black players playing in the squad. And considering that Viv Anderson the first black player to be capped by England in 78 and the :mjpls:climate in the UK back in the 80's. Robson still managed to give debuts to 12 players and used 14 out the 15 players capped by England in that period (82-90). The only player he never used who was capped prior to Robson was Laurie Cunningham (first black player to play for the GenREAL Franco's) but his career had stagnated with injuries by the time Robson took over.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Simon’s been very selfish with the ball. We also lack penetrative passes.

NFF really should try to get Eze and Oliseh (Oliseh might be tougher but he ain’t seeing space in the French national team).

But let’s get through this game first.
:ohhh: Had to wiki that, had no idea he's a French citizen.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Tunisia is playing not to lose. Sitting very deep and doubling Moses Simon. But we don’t really have the penetrative passers.
Would help if Chuk was offering something :francis: I’d have had him off at halftime but he’s gotta about 10 minutes to do something or he needs to come off.

Think Aribo has been a little sloppy at times too. I’m still super confident, Tunisia haven’t troubled us, just need to pick up the pace a little.