Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
Legitimately curious as an American sort of new to the beautiful game...why does the consensus seem to be that Messi is a greater player than CR7? Is it Ronaldo's diva persona?:jbhmm: Just find it interesting that most brehs seem to rate the PL so highly(rightfully so imo) yet don't seem to hold the fact Messi never played there against him. Meanwhile CR7 has played at an extremely high level in 3 different leagues.

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Legitimately curious as an American sort of new to the beautiful game...why does the consensus seem to be that Messi is a greater player than CR7? Is it Ronaldo's diva persona?:jbhmm: Just find it interesting that most brehs seem to rate the PL so highly(rightfully so imo) yet don't seem to hold the fact Messi never played there against him. Meanwhile CR7 has played at an extremely high level in 3 different leagues.

Skills wise they were never at the same level...

Cristiano is more of a machine, Messi more of an artist

Assembly lines are quite impressive but more people are likely to be in awe at an art gallery when you factor in their stats being neck in neck leo is the chosen one, in their prime he managed to outclass him

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

I’m not saying that I agree, but the argument Messi fans will make is that he’s more of a complete player. They both score a lot of goals, but Messi is a more creative player that carries more of the load. Barça also pretty much dominated La Liga during CR7’s tenure at RM, so that’s another thing they point to.

Once again I’m not saying I agree with any of that :whoa:

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps

1. Preference
2. In the competition where they played against the very same teams..Messi won like 7 times, to Ronaldo’s 2 or 3

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Please don't go in this direction as a new fan off the game. Just enjoy the damn game.

Stop individualizing team sports

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I’m not saying that I agree, but the argument Messi fans will make is that he’s more of a complete player. They both score a lot of goals, but Messi is a more creative player that carries more of the load. Barça also pretty much dominated La Liga during CR7’s tenure at RM, so that’s another thing they point to.

Once again I’m not saying I agree with any of that :whoa:
When a Brazilian lays out all the reasons why Messi is better and agrees with all of them that's really all the evidence you need :wow:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Utd were FA Cup winners, Europa league champions and finishing 2nd in the seasons before Ole took over and he hasn't topped that. Ole fans make it sound like he took over Arsenal :mjlol:

Inshallah he never leaves :mjlol:
We were on our way to becoming Arsenal, tin pot trophies or not.

Ole ensured we'll never fall as far as London's third club:whew:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
2. In the competition where they played against the very same teams..Messi won like 7 times, to Ronaldo’s 2 or 3
I'm in reality more of a Messi man but lol at this massive oversimplification. It's why this entire debate is tedious tbf

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
We shoud rly debate who is the biggest pos not who is the goat ...the face Leo gave pochetino was priceless :russ:we might se him back at spurs in a few months.. Psg need zizou to complete the cypher.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
We were on our way to becoming Arsenal, tin pot trophies or not.

Ole ensured we'll never fall as far as London's third club:whew:

Calling the FA Cup a tinpot trophy is disrespectful to the history of the competition and considering that you very well could end up in the Europa again this season, I wouldn’t scoff at it either :lolbron: