Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

Red Nev got destroyed. :scust:

not quite.

carragher is missing the point.

messi scores more from the bench for barcelona.

ronny hasn't come off the bench for teams of the level of barca.

carragher by using that stat assumes that the nev's imaginary team is of a barca level (rather than an argentina, man utd or even worse level).

nev is saying if he had a broad mix of styles in his team(s) substitute sample, ronny's variety would mean he would do better across the board.

neither messi nor ronny are the best ever IMO

Last edited:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
not quite.

carragher is missing the point.
This and it's kinda starting to piss me off in terms of the Neville/Carra dynamic, because Carragher KNOWS he's purposely missing the point when debating Neville a lot, but he does it to create discussion and 'bantz'

Gary: Any player off the bench to get you a goal, i'm going Ronaldo
Jamie: MESSI HAS SCORED MORE FROM THE BENCH SO THAT'S COMPLETE NONSENSE LA'!

That's not his point, and you know it wasn't Jamie, you know exactly what he was saying:gucci:

There's some serious shades of 'first take' like nonsense going on, and it's not good folks.

RE: The debate itself, honestly who gives a fukk, there will never be consensus so let's just not.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Not much off a TV Person, but the Wire is vastly superior. Sopranos is good show, but too much wild ducktales, especially for the time the show took place.
It's not 'vastly superior' in any way but as an overall package it's probably the tighter show(despite the last season)

Sopranos got a little bloated but it's still the co-GOAT

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Not much off a TV Person, but the Wire is vastly superior. Sopranos is good show, but too much wild ducktales, especially for the time the show took place.

Man, I absolutely loved the wire too. definitely up there in my top 3 but Sopranos is just absolutely ridiculous so it edges it for me.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
This and it's kinda starting to piss me off in terms of the Neville/Carra dynamic, because Carragher KNOWS he's purposely missing the point when debating Neville a lot, but he does it to create discussion and 'bantz'

Gary: Any player off the bench to get you a goal, i'm going Ronaldo
Jamie: MESSI HAS SCORED MORE FROM THE BENCH SO THAT'S COMPLETE NONSENSE LA'!

That's not his point, and you know it wasn't Jamie, you know exactly what he was saying:gucci:

There's some serious shades of 'first take' like nonsense going on, and it's not good folks.

RE: The debate itself, honestly who gives a fukk, there will never be consensus so let's just not.

Absolutely, I accept Carra knows he's usually there to troll Neville rather than make a coherent point. But the 2 arguments in the hypothetical were blown out by Carra when he said Messi actually has more goals per games. Has more of an impact in controlling the tempo of a match and more assists. Those are more important metrics that how the goals were scored if its this arbtrary metric that needs to be used. of course there'll never be a consensus because it comes down to preference.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Absolutely, I accept Carra knows he's usually there to troll Neville rather than make a coherent point. But the 2 arguments in the hypothetical were blown out by Carra when he said Messi actually has more goals per games. Has more of an impact in controlling the tempo of a match and more assists. Those are more important metrics that how the goals were scored if its this arbtrary metric that needs to be used. of course there'll never be a consensus because it comes down to preference.
Frustrating thing was just watching Carra say "There's NO WAY Ronaldo is the GOAT"

Well no Jamie, there definitely IS a way. There's a genuine debate, because it's not clear.:hhh:

It's just very american style debate show nonsense.

In all seriousness I'd personally lean Messi but i do genuinely think if Ronaldo can win United the PL or CL in this spell he goes ahead.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
The Wire is a more grounded show and the best depiction of poverty, crime and policing in urban America.

Sopranos is great, but it’s not as grounded to me.
So what you're saying is, Wire = Ronaldo

Sopranos = Messi

Interesting:jbhmm: