Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
City literally only in the last like, decade became relevant after pumping Arab millions into proping their club up into something relevant in football. Before that, why would we want ANY of their ex players?

They hired the Spanish brehs that were responsible for putting together Barcelona's 09 Treble team to run the club and bided their time pumping millions into City in preparation for Pep Guardiola.

No one cared about City at all pre Arab billions. Their success is expected like when you order stuff off Amazon and just gotta wait till it reaches

Citeh were relevant in the 60's and 70's and yet still more ex United players joined Citeh.

Can you even name an ex Citeh player to United post WW2

It's basically a Everton/Liverpool. Blues won't join Reds unless it's youth team related. While plenty of Reds have played for the Blues.

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
Citeh were relevant in the 60's and 70's and yet still more ex United players joined Citeh.

Can you even name an ex Citeh player to United post WW2

It's basically a Everton/Liverpool. Blues won't join Reds unless it's youth team related. While plenty of Reds have played for the Blues.

The 60s was around Matt Busby's time and he personally didn't like City so I could imagine no, there wouldn't be any switch between the two.

But typically, forgetting about the rivalry for a second, no City player would've been good enough for United. City have taken many United players that were past their prime

JA_Carter

Superstar
Daps
Great PR look for United but something tells me him not joining City is more to do with them lowballing him than anything. Apparently they offered him 12M’s a year, this is someone apparently getting 30M’s from Juve after tax. Fergie calling him just sealed the deal.

I still think City needed him more than United, they’ve already got Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Cavani & Martial. They need a world class midfielder more than anything

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We would go buy Ronaldo byke instead of a CDM

Oh hell let’s win the title 4-2 every week I guess. It ain’t like it’s my money or neck on the line :yeshrug:

Agreed we need a CDM BUT this is more about just living a boyhood dreams again. United loves doing this, legends signing and coming back, we are a club of tradition... it is magical he comes back just for the idea of the fairytale...

fukk a defence when your attacking line up is Ronaldo, Cavani, Sancho, Bruno, Greenwood, Martial