Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
How do y’all rate cups and trophies on offer in any given season?

I’ve always felt the pecking order is:

1. UCL
2. EPL
3a. FA Cup
3b. UEL
4. League Cup
5. Club WorldCup
6. UEFA Super Cup
7. Community Shield

Being League champions is always more important than the CL. Casuals have put the CL as more important. It's more important being in the CL than actually winning it tbh. Plus the CL is a cup competition and anything can happen in those. Which has been the case for the past 5-6 years with various freak results.

The CL is only more important than the league to 3 Clubs. Real AC Milan and Liverpool. Now you can argue why Liverpool well they have 6 of them and Anfield only truly rocks on European nights. Juve really really care about the CL because while they rule Serie A they don't have the prestige that the 2 Milan clubs have.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Mbappe need to just stay at PSG and cook for two years. :wow:
we need to have more oil tyc00ns and small rich gulf countries to buy these french teams like Marseille, Lyon(will never happen), St Etienne and Lille to make that ligue exciting for once :wow:

but the high taxes for the rich people in france might prevent upcoming stars from going. I'm surprise Messi went...

Ligue one literally have the 3 best player in the world right now(to me)

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
we need to have more oil tyc00ns and small rich gulf countries to buy these french teams like Marseille, Lyon(will never happen), St Etienne and Lille to make that ligue exciting for once :wow:

but the high taxes for the rich people in france might prevent upcoming stars from going. I'm surprise Messi went...

Ligue one literally have the 3 best player in the world right now(to me)

They can actually brand the phuck out of the League of Talents tagline because they have 4 of the biggest talents in the world. Dollarumma Neymar Midget Overlord and Mbrappe. All they missing is Pogba to round out the top 5.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
problem is, they’re all in one team :francis:

It doesn't matter. Messi joining gives the French league a whole new swagger to it. It's saved French football after the shytshow of the TV deal. And its likely to keep French talent moving away from the league for the next couple of years.

People can complain about about the Oil money and the morals of it. But Messi joining PSG basically helps the 39 clubs below them. The league of talents can also attract them. Marketing people give zero phucks about whether they are all on the same team or not. You selling Ligue 1 all you say it's the league where Messi plays that's it.