Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
This was the United team in Mourinho’s last game.

6-D379-B54-123-A-49-D5-A568-8-D41747-A94-A8.jpg

The United team for the coming season will be something like this(since Ole’s apparently wanting to go 4-3-3:manny:) as of now:

Henderson/De Gea

AWB
Varane
Maguire
Shaw

McTom/Fred
Pogba
Bruno

Sancho
Cavani
Rashford

I mean, you can have your criticism’s of Ole in many aspects, fair enough, i have my own, but this man has transformed the squad, we’ll look back and thank him even if he doesn’t last as manager.

State of that Jose team btw:mjlol:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
This was the United team in Mourinho’s last game.

6-D379-B54-123-A-49-D5-A568-8-D41747-A94-A8.jpg

The United team for the coming season will be something like this(since Ole’s apparently wanting to go 4-3-3:manny:) as of now:

Henderson/De Gea

AWB
Varane
Maguire
Shaw

McTom/Fred
Pogba
Bruno

Sancho
Cavani
Rashford

I mean, you can have your criticism’s of Ole in many aspects, fair enough, i have my own, but this man has transformed the squad, we’ll look back and thank him even if he doesn’t last as manager.

State of that Jose team btw:mjlol:
Lindelof to Matic back to Young to hoof a long ball to Lukaku was hard to watch :bryan:

You're right Ole did a great job rebuilding the team and putting them in prime position to win a title and compete in CL. I went back and forth with somebody because I said Ole did a better job than Jose, can't remember who it was just kept saying 'bu bu but Jose won EL and League Cup'.

My point was with that with Jose that was it and only way to go was down. Meanwhile Ole didn't win anything but has the team in a great position to take the next step.

BUT

Ole is not the one to take the team there. He's reached his ceiling, top four and fumbling in Europe is the best he can do, no matter how good of a team he builds. Now was the time to get in a top class manager to take that next step. Ole would be a way better DoF than a manager from here on out :manny:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Lindelof to Matic back to Young to hoof a long ball to Lukaku was hard to watch :bryan:

You're right Ole did a great job rebuilding the team and putting them in prime position to win a title and compete in CL. I went back and forth with somebody because I said Ole did a better job than Jose, can't remember who it was just kept saying 'bu bu but Jose won EL and League Cup'.

My point was with that with Jose that was it and only way to go was down. Meanwhile Ole didn't win anything but has the team in a great position to take the next step.

BUT

Ole is not the one to take the team there. He's reached his ceiling, top four and fumbling in Europe is the best he can do, no matter how good of a team he builds. Now was the time to get in a top class manager to take that next step. Ole would be a way better DoF than a manager from here on out :manny:
Generally in the back of my mind I agree with your last point re: him maybe being better suited to being a DoF. With that said it’s also worth mentioning that he’s a manager, not a coach, much like SAF. SAF managed the club and brought the right people in around him to make us successful, it was one of his biggest strengths, delegation.

Yeah i know, Ole trying to be like SAF is cringey. But you can’t argue with the importance of ‘culture’ at a club. Along with transforming the squad personnel wise he’s slowly changing the culture from the shyt show of the previous years. It’s not just buying good players it’s about hungry players who are coming for the right reasons, all of his signings have come because they genuinely want to play for the club.

Anyway, it’s because of the success of the above process that i still have faith(more hope tbf) that he’ll bring in the right people around him coaching wise. He’s already brought in that highly rated young coach from Chelsea that will take care of our set pieces(we needed it). He’s identifying problems at the club and solving them. He isn’t Pep Guardiola and never will be, and whether the ‘manager’ approach still works in the modern game would be up for debate but it’s what we’re going with and we’re on an upward trajectory directly because of it.

It’s one of them, i get criticisms but we fell a long way, it’s a long term process, and all i see, looking at the bigger picture is progress year on year. And i don’t mean winning a tin pot FA, League Cup or Europa League, i mean putting us in the position to challenge for the big ones and restoring us as a top club.

For that reason i’m willing to give Ole the benefit of the doubt that it may all come together in time.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As a Real fan yall learn to hate varane with the quikness. Ramos covered a lot of his deficits.

I know, I'm not a Varane fan at all and he's definitely on #FraudWatch next season. I wasn't gonna say anything, was gonna let the brehs in here enjoy their day but rest assured he's under the microscope from the opening day:mjpls:

But he's also better than Lindelof/Bailly and at 35m they're not overpaying.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I know, I'm not a Varane fan at all and he's definitely on #FraudWatch next season. I wasn't gonna say anything, was gonna let the brehs in here enjoy their day but rest assured he's under the microscope from the opening day:mjpls:

But he's also better than Lindelof/Bailly and at 35m they're not overpaying.

We been here with United fans. I'm just chilling.

Herrera
Bruno
Pogba
Van Gaal
Lukaku
Maguire
Shaw
Martial
Di Maria
Bailly
Mourinho
Aaron Wan-Bissaka

Expectations gotta be winning the league.