Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
He’s a good defender, but he consistently makes too many mental mistakes for me to consider him elite. Man U fans are going to be very disappointed when they have to watch him week to week. There will be backlash against him and his error prone defending by January.

His physicality worries me

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
He’s a good defender, but he consistently makes too many mental mistakes for me to consider him elite. Man U fans are going to be very disappointed when they have to watch him week to week. There will be backlash against him and his error prone defending by January.
We are used to it mate.

Had to watch Lindelof and Phil Jones for all these years.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
You probably got to sell first before spending big again.
good point about the transfer window activity. like you said they need to get rid of some players but also need a cdm
Didn't want to sell Romero last year, instead kept him unregistered and ate his wages.

Don't want to sell Lingard after a hot season, rather keep him and either lose him on a free or have to give him a huge contract they won't be able to get rid of later.

Don't want to resolve DDG/Henderson but instead brought in another keeper.

Don't want to loan out and possibly have to cover wages of fringe players (Phil Jones and Pereira).

Don't seem to have too many plans on how to get the most out of younger players (Dalot, Garner, Williams, Chong, Tuanzebe).

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
There is no way United don't win the league.
HlnpoXi.png

Last edited:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
The campaign to call Varane shyt from rival fans had already started, but now it begins in earnest.:mjlit:

He’ll no doubt make a couple of mistakes over the course of the season that will be heavily scrutinised/meme’d because that’s what being a Man Utd defender is.:manny:

On paper it’s the best CB partnership in the league, lets see if it is in reality:jbhmm:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
fukk leicester breh. We gotta look elsewhere, fukk i hate leicester.

Ndidi would allow us trully move to the 4-3-3 and get the best out of Paul and Bruno at the same time. Single man double pivot.

LC just picked up Soumare as well, so they might be looking to sell.

You probably got to sell first before spending big again.

I don’t think Ndidi will go for that much just off the fact that he’s Nigerian. I think you sell Lingard and you can get Ndidi for less than £15-20M with proceeds from the Lingard sale.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I know the lads of Nigerian descent won’t like this but it’s a hard pass from me on Ndidi:whoa: