Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
:whoa: All had 10x better careers than Gazza.

90’s nostalgia in the mud:whoo:

You worship Harry Maguire and Raheem Sterling now England, leave these nostalgia tinted frauds in the past where they belong:bryan:

Remember when Gazza did that mad thing? Haha me neither because THE TIME IS NOW.:whew:

They might have all had better careers because they were playing in the age of when football players ate properly and didnt drink, and they didnt suffer the horrific injuries Gazza had, but none of them were better than Gazza.
On his day he was better than all them who were mentioned

And none of them are loved by the English fans like Gazza is loved from my generations of football fans

One last thing, none of them had a better international career playing for their country than Gazza did :ufdup:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
They might have all had better careers because they were playing in the age of when football players ate properly and didnt drink, and they didnt suffer the horrific injuries Gazza had, but none of them were better than Gazza.
On his day he was better than all them who were mentioned

And none of them are loved by the English fans like Gazza is loved from my generations of football fans

One last thing, none of them had a better international career playing for their country than Gazza did :ufdup:
Definitely re: injuries. Maybe if he was playing in a later age he would have recovered better/had a better career.

But as for the rest, just think about what you’re saying, you’re saying he was better than Gerrard, Lampard and Scholes(we’ll stick with them since they’re CM’s) it’s just a nonsense suggestion tbh when you actually look at it objectively and take nostalgia out of it.

Daps
Definitely re: injuries. Maybe if he was playing in a later age he would have recovered better/had a better career.

But as for the rest, just think about what you’re saying, you’re saying he was better than Gerrard, Lampard and Scholes(we’ll stick with them since they’re CM’s) it’s just a nonsense suggestion tbh when you actually look at it objectively and take nostalgia out of it.

Yeah I stand by what I say , on his day and in his prime I think he is better than them , none of them 3 are getting in my all time England team, because Gazza is taking their place

He was a special player who played in a time when the football pitches were awful, when players put in the worst kind of tackles and he used to glide past people with the ball
He made the whole world sit up in 1990 and say who the hell is this kid playing for England. None of them 3 ever did that

Before you want to cancel all this 90's stuff you want people to forget about , we have still got to win the Euros first, and I dont think we are beating Italy if they get to the final
I think we will lose to the first decent team we come up against, like we always do in the past

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Yeah I stand by what I say , on his day and in his prime I think he is better than them , none of them 3 are getting in my all time England team, because Gazza is taking their place

He was a special player who played in a time when the football pitches were awful, when players put in the worst kind of tackles and he used to glide past people with the ball
He made the whole world sit up in 1990 and say who the hell is this kid playing for England. None of them 3 ever did that

Before you want to cancel all this 90's stuff you want people to forget about , we have still got to win the Euros first, and I dont think we are beating Italy if they get to the final
I think we will lose to the first decent team we come up against, like we always do in the past
He basically won one FA Cup in his career and was only on the pitch for 15 minutes:mjcry:

Those other 3 were hugely important pieces in some of the greatest club sides this country/the WORLD has ever seen(except Gerrard) and won everything there is to win(except Gerrard looool)

A sustained 10-15 year period of high level performance>Some ‘moments’ for England.

And re: the 90’s stuff i’m mostly just trolling really, i enjoy it as much as anyone usually it’s just starting to bore me. I’ve seen Gazza’s goal against Scotland enough times now in the last few weeks.

This whole craving for glorious nostalgic failure is one of the reasons why England have been so stunted in the last couple decades. One of the biggest features/good points of this team is that they either don’t care or don’t let it get to them.

You see it in your post “i think we’ll lose to the first good team we play like we always do” the past is irrelevant, this is a good team, it might not win it, it might go out on wednesday, but what significance gazza missing the ball by an inch has on events today i’ll never know.

Daps
He basically won one FA Cup in his career and was only on the pitch for 15 minutes:mjcry:

Those other 3 were hugely important pieces in some of the greatest club sides this country/the WORLD has ever seen(except Gerrard) and won everything there is to win(except Gerrard looool)

A sustained 10-15 year period of high level performance>Some ‘moments’ for England.

And re: the 90’s stuff i’m mostly just trolling really, i enjoy it as much as anyone usually it’s just starting to bore me. I’ve seen Gazza’s goal against Scotland enough times now in the last few weeks.

This whole craving for glorious nostalgic failure is one of the reasons why England have been so stunted in the last couple decades. One of the biggest features/good points of this team is that they either don’t care or don’t let it get to them.

You see it in your post “i think we’ll lose to the first good team we play like we always do” the past is irrelevant, this is a good team, it might not win it, it might go out on wednesday, but what significance gazza missing the ball by an inch has on events today i’ll never know.

Yes they all had very long careers playing for the some of the best teams in the world but they also didn't have any career ending injuries which ravaged their careers like Gazza did
But none of them could do it on the biggest stage of them all, the international stage
And if you noticed in all my posts previous I've said on their day and in their prime etc
I'm not talking about their whole careers, I'm talking about in their prime, Gazza had more talent then them all

Did like your sly dig at Gerrard and Liverpool though, the one who was the most complete midfielder out of the 3 and the only one who won individual awards voted for by their peers just like Gazza

On a side note, to all the English people in here .. there is a good documentary on Sky documentary called Terry Venables a man can dream, documenting his career upto just after the Euros in 1996

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes they all had very long careers playing for the some of the best teams in the world but they also didn't have any career ending injuries which ravaged their careers like Gazza did
But none of them could do it on the biggest stage of them all, the international stage
And if you noticed in all my posts previous I've said on their day and in their prime etc
I'm not talking about their whole careers, I'm talking about in their prime, Gazza had more talent then them all

Did like your sly dig at Gerrard and Liverpool though, the one who was the most complete midfielder out of the 3 and the only one who won individual awards voted for by their peers just like Gazza

On a side note, to all the English people in here .. there is a good documentary on Sky documentary called Terry Venables a man can dream, documenting his career upto just after the Euros in 1996

Biggest 'stage' it may be but is it really the highest level of football?

Lampard, Scholes and Gerrard all played Champions League football more or less every year and largely delivered. All three are amongst the best midfielders to ever do it at that level. I'm ranking their accomplishments on that stage far higher than anything Gazza has ever done.