Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I’m mostly speaking under the assumption we’re talking about him deeper in midfield, in the PL especially he just doesn’t do things quick enough to play there.

I’ve liked him on the left when he’s played there for us, he was outstanding when he played consistently last season. Though I would always prefer Rashford there, which will likely mostly be the case now Sancho is coming for RW. So that now presents a problem, where does Poggers play? No.10? Nope, whatever you want to say about him recently, Bruno has that locked and is better than Pogba there(for us/our system).

He’s an outstanding player who I’d be happy to keep to play in advanced positions, but I wouldn’t cry over him leaving if it meant we replaced him with a top class CDM/CM who CAN be amazing in the double pivot(or a good enough CDM to allow us to play a single pivot with two either side) :manny:
I see, well I agree then. Pogba too deep makes him liable because his game is about high risk/high reward.

I dunno much about how United play but unless you guys switch to a 433 with Pogba on the left and Bruno on the right of the inverted triangle then I dont see how you can get the max out of him.

You're probably right that it might be a better trade off to let him leave and get a 8 that is excellent in a double pivot. I would say that Pogba in a double pivot could work if the 6 with him is exclusively defense minded. That way there's always somebody in the midfield behind him. But otherwise I dont see it.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
You and I both know if your CM turns the ball over in midfield and the Opps score that player is getting the majority of the blame. Always has done always will do.

That Bulgaria blame game goal is a classic. :pachaha: :hubie:
Maybe but honestly the ball was turned over around the half line. It's not like he was trying a roulette in his box a la Verratti :lolbron:

Obviously he shares some blame but reducing that counter to him is unfair as there were plenty of stuff that didnt go well after :
- Kante cover the center but doesnt realize Xhaka has a clear passing lane to Gavranovic
- Both FBs are slow to react to cover the half space
- Both CBs get parted like the red sea by Swiss runs
- Kimpembe gets crossed over
- The shot is inch perfect

We legit started their counter by outnumbering 5v3 in our own half :yeshrug:

And most importantly, it's a tying goal not a losing goal. We had 30 minutes to score after that

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I see, well I agree then. Pogba too deep makes him liable because his game is about high risk/high reward.

I dunno much about how United play but unless you guys switch to a 433 with Pogba on the left and Bruno on the right of the inverted triangle then I dont see how you can get the max out of him.

You're probably right that it might be a better trade off to let him leave and get a 8 that is excellent in a double pivot. I would say that Pogba in a double pivot could work if the 6 with him is exclusively defense minded. That way there's always somebody in the midfield behind him. But otherwise I dont see it.
I’ve always wanted us to try a 4-3-3 with Pogba/Bruno either side of a DM but it’s fantasy stuff that would only work on fifa without an outstanding CDM. Fred or McTominay there and we just simply would not get away with it. Even with a GOAT CDM i’d be wary tbh. Pogba doesn’t run enough(yeah yeah i know basic bytch football opinion stuff but it’s true) and Bruno roams everywhere and just goes where he wants. We’d be caught out so much.

People don’t realise how well Ole set the team up to get the best out of Bruno, before he/we ran out of steam towards the end of the season. He needs two behind him so he can roam, go wing to wing and work with both full backs/wingers.

We’re kind of locked in to that now, don’t know where it leaves Pogba:patrice:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I’ve always wanted us to try a 4-3-3 with Pogba/Bruno either side of a DM but it’s fantasy stuff that would only work on fifa without an outstanding CDM. Fred or McTominay there and we just simply would not get away with it. Even with a GOAT CDM i’d be wary tbh. Pogba doesn’t run enough(yeah yeah i know basic bytch football opinion stuff but it’s true) and Bruno roams everywhere and just goes where he wants. We’d be caught out so much.

People don’t realise how well Ole set the team up to get the best out of Bruno, before he/we ran out of steam towards the end of the season. He needs two behind him so he can roam, go wing to wing and work with both full backs/wingers.

We’re kind of locked in to that now, don’t know where it leaves Pogba:patrice:
It's leaves him leaving then :francis: because your fans will always ask for France Pogba and left wondered why they always have United Pogba ( who is also good but not as good)

433 with Pogba could work if one of the FB doesnt push too hard IMO. Like Abidal/Alves in prime Barça. I mean that's what France kinda do too. Our default system is 433 with Kante as a DM and Rabiot/Pogba in front.

But I think Bruno's arrival kinda made Pogba redundant as Ole is not 433 bound. With Sancho coming, that's a front 3 that is very attacking so it makes more sense for you guys to get a 8 that is not necessarily creative. :ehh:

Daps
If this leaked line up i have just recieved is true we are going ultra defensive

Pickford, Walker, Maguire ,stones, Tripper, Shaw , Phillips, Rice , Saka , Kane, Sterling