Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also Mount getting robbed for the YPOTY stinks but we all saw wagwan on the biggest stage in club football :win:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Kane scored all them goals and assists and couldn't finish top 4.

Bruno scored all them penalties and couldn't mount a good title challenge.

Ruben Dias transformed a defense that conceded 5 goals to Leicester right before he came and won the title while keeping the most clean sheets.

Daps
Nah, I really think that's just giving Dias way too much credit when Man City clearly changed their approach. It's too simple to just say Man City defended better this year so let's give the award to Dias. I can't be bothered to find the quotes but I've heard Guardiola himself say they changed things this year in terms of structure and game management.

Kane should have been rewarded for scoring and creating the most goals. He walks into every team in the league and improves significantly more than Dias does imo. :manny:

Sorry I disagree Kane should not have won it when his goals didn't help his team do anything and in fact his team was worse overall

At least when people likes Suarez won it when their team didn't win the league. He at least made Liverpool the most entertaining team in the league and got them to 2nd place and improved them loads. Went from 7th to 2nd (and he missed 8 games of that season.)
We would have won the league if he didn't:ufdup:

Also I don't think it is giving to much credit to Dias, he improved the team to the point of them winning the league. You saw when Stones was with Kompany, he was a much better defender than when he was with the likes Otamendi and whoever else was there who has not been that great

Stones is the type of defender who needs a really good defender next to him to guide him in what he does. A bit like Maguire all though I think he is a better defender than Maguire.
Without someone next to him constantly telling him what to do ,guiding him, he has concentration lapses and fukks up alot

Last edited:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

E3D6_lTWYAUjRTM.jpg

E3FDIkmXoAMSBhG.jpg

E3FROGEXMAI2P25

Bolsonaro’s minions and the CBF are on a social media campaign to slander Tite as a being a radical leftist and a Communist, because the team doesn’t want to play in the Copa América. The fact that #ForaTite (Tite Out) is trending right now is shameful.

I’d be shocked if Tite doesn’t either get fired or quit soon :francis:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sorry I disagree Kane should not have won it when his goals didn't help his team do anything and in fact his team was worse overall

At least when people likes Suarez won it when their team didn't win the league. He at least made Liverpool the most entertaining team in the league and got them to 2nd place and improved them loads. Went from 7th to 2nd (and he missed 8 games of that season.)
We would have won the league if he didn't:ufdup:

Also I don't think it is giving to much credit to Dias, he improved the team to the point of them winning the league. You saw when Stones was with Kompany, he was a much better defender than when he was with the likes Otamendi and whoever else was there who has not been that great

Stones is the type of defender who needs a really good defender next to him to guide him in what he does. A bit like Maguire all though I think he is a better defender than Maguire.
Without someone next to him constantly telling him what to do ,guiding him, he has concentration lapses and fukks up alot

Can't blame Kane for his team's failure. He was working under a terrorist for most of the season and still put up numbers.

If it was a straight choice between Kane and Dias we know who everybody is taking...even Pep.

I’ve watched this over 20 times now :mjlol:

Watching this again made me realise Havertz was embarrassing Dias in the air. That's when Werner wasn't dragging him and Stones here, there and everywhere with his movement. :ohlawd:

Werner's off the ball work is absolutely elite. Even the FA Cup goal when he made the run in behind Dias and got the assist for the winner. (Also Chilwell ball over the top that goes through to Ziyech at 52 seconds into the video, what is your man Dias doing? :heh: )

Dias looks quite slow on the turn and a lil slow in general btw:mjpls:think we'll see this exposed a bit more moving forward.

Last edited: