Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
You're giving Ancelotti too much credit. It was only 1 Serie A title.
To only win 1 league title in the 8 odd years he was there with that squad he had is crazy and show how much he under achieved

He also didn't win the league in every season he was at PSG I believe.

He is just more of a cup manager than a league manager when it comes to winning things

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Need a better coach. I’m sure they are out there but that was terrible last night.
I don’t understand what the teams true issue is but they can’t control a game to save their life also their offense is still lacking touch in the final third and they be getting badly abused on these counters :francis:

If we get blown out in the finals with a team like this that has to be Greg’s calling card. Individual success does not translate to team success.

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
Pep's a Fraud, Mourinho's a fraud, Ancelotti's a fraud...:mjlol:Best believe, If Fergie, Michels or Sacchi was still around, they'd be called frauds, too.

It's the reactionary, short termist, twitter "ratio" era we're in.

Sports discourse is in the mud man. Everybody acts :skip::sas1:out here.

Folks living half to half w/ their opinions its crazy

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
To only win 1 league title in the 8 odd years he was there with that squad he had is crazy and show how much he under achieved

He is just more of a cup manager than a league manager when it comes to winning things

Only finished 2nd once. 6 out of the 8 years no title challenge. :scust:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I don’t understand what the teams true issue is but they can’t control a game to save their life also their offense is still lacking touch in the final third and they be getting badly abused on these counters :francis:

If we get blown out in the finals with a team like this that has to be Greg’s calling card. Individual success does not translate to team success.
That's being nice. They were lucky Honduras finishing product was bad. Lozano and Elis was killing them with their pace. I still say that if Berhalter doesn't win either tournament this Summer, he needs to be gone. Probably still needs to be gone.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps

been saying these things for the longest but u know :yeshrug: he's legendary but idk i dont think he's the man for madrid right now.....or everton lol ...............i know juve and inter were strong during the ancelotti era but to only win one says a lot

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I get that, I'm just confused the initial premise behind the 4 RBs. Was it tactical? Was it because of TAA's passing ability.

Walker and James can play RCB in a back 3. Trippier has experience while TAA probably has the best delivery for the team.

Lingard should take his spot. Rashford tbh should pull out and let JWP replace him.