Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Fellas it's been great while it lasted. I've been watching football for over 20 years. You won't see me posting on this thread ever again. It was amazingreminiscing on past legends like Riquelme etc.

Most so-called football fans just wanna have trivial arguments about absolutely nothing.
If any one knows any forums or sites or even whatsapp groups dedicated to a more mature grounded "purist" football fan please do share. Any place where there's little argument goofy stuff.
I lurked the Coli for close to 5 years. The quality of posts has truly plummeted since those 2012-2014 days, i digress.
Peace from South Adfrica

:unimpressed: .

:ufdup:

ÆTHER

The Fifth Element
Daps
Reppin
93 million miles above these devils
White people "love" Kante coz he's non-threatening. From his humility to his height.

I've seen this many times before.
Any black man who's both world class and seen as a sexual threat is played down.

But they always elevate a player who's seen as being a bit of a sad case or completely submissive.

This is NOT a knock on Kante, who in my opinion is the best box to box midfielder since Clarence Seedorf and Claude Makalele.

But just notice how white fans will always say how much they "LOVE" Ngolo and always add how "humble" "nice" "down to earth" etc he is, when in football that counts for nothing.

Paul Pogba at Juventus and for France was incredible, looked like the best young midfielder in the world at one point, there was never any fandom worship over him.

Yall remember the best and most consistent Chelsea player of all time? Ashley Cole (who was always dating super models), again there was never any Kante esque level idol worship.

Same goes FOR Barcelona fans and Samuel Eto'o(won them the 2006 and 2009 CL finals) but they never dikk ride him heavy, coz he was a prideful black man.

I'm sure others have seen similar patterns.

(I'm a South African, Boers love doing this in Rugby. The current World Cup winning "first black" Springbok Rugby captain, Siya Kolisi, is a similar sad sob story and extremely humble and down to earth and of course white people "love" him)

The way in which the English media (and white people in general) praise Kanté can be really patronising and they do take advantage of his whole just happy to be here thing but who gives a fukk what white people think? Kanté deserves all his flowers and it's weird how the guy just put in a great performance in a series of great performances and the thing that comes to mind is that white people don't love him like that they just think he's weak and docile. What difference does it make? Would he have ran any less last night if white people didn't fake love him?

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
White people "love" Kante coz he's non-threatening. From his humility to his height.

I've seen this many times before.
Any black man who's both world class and seen as a sexual threat is played down.

But they always elevate a player who's seen as being a bit of a sad case or completely submissive.

This is NOT a knock on Kante, who in my opinion is the best box to box midfielder since Clarence Seedorf and Claude Makalele.

But just notice how white fans will always say how much they "LOVE" Ngolo and always add how "humble" "nice" "down to earth" etc he is, when in football that counts for nothing.

Paul Pogba at Juventus and for France was incredible, looked like the best young midfielder in the world at one point, there was never any fandom worship over him.

Yall remember the best and most consistent Chelsea player of all time? Ashley Cole (who was always dating super models), again there was never any Kante esque level idol worship.

Same goes FOR Barcelona fans and Samuel Eto'o(won them the 2006 and 2009 CL finals) but they never dikk ride him heavy, coz he was a prideful black man.

I'm sure others have seen similar patterns.

(I'm a South African, Boers love doing this in Rugby. The current World Cup winning "first black" Springbok Rugby captain, Siya Kolisi, is a similar sad sob story and extremely humble and down to earth and of course white people "love" him)

I have no doubt some white people like him cause of the arrogant players bs, but you can like something on your own terms without caring what they think

I know plenty of black people who love him. Just like every player shouldn’t be expected to have his personality traits, same should apply to him. The flip side to being outgoing isn’t weakness/docility, that’s crazy talk.

I don’t see where the sad case ish comes from though, that’s projection.

Same for the sexual angle :dame:

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
I have no doubt some white people like him cause of the arrogant players bs, but you can like something on your own terms without caring what they think

I know plenty of black people who love him. Just like every player shouldn’t be expected to have his personality traits, same should apply to him. The flip side to being outgoing isn’t weakness/docility, that’s crazy talk.

I don’t see where the sad case ish comes from though, that’s projection.

Same for the sexual angle :dame:

It comes from Dr Frances Cres Welsing's "Isis Papers" breh

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The L'Equipe Match Ratings for the Champions League Final

GemfGo7.jpg

Ref Lahoz should be 9

Mahrez 4