Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I see the caping calling it an army song but nah, the cadence :francis:

This club, man :mjlol:

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F847b3493-58f8-4426-b3bd-5592254df20b_1800x1014.jpeg

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
My MU faithful, question for y’all.

Do you sell Martial in the summer and free up his space for an academy prospect?

I got into a discussion in my FPL group chat about this. Mans said sell Martial and let youth come through.

I said it makes no sense. Yes Martial had a bad season but he’s proven in the EPL and we need depth in our squad. Rashford is gonna get run ragged playing through UCL, FA, League Cup and the EPL.

You need competition for spots.

Thoughts?

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Do you sell Martial in the summer and free up his space for an academy prospect?

I got into a discussion in my FPL group chat about this. Mans said sell Martial and let youth come through.

I said it makes no sense. Yes Martial had a bad season but he’s proven in the EPL and we need depth in our squad. Rashford is gonna get run ragged playing through UCL, FA, League Cup and the EPL.

Thoughts?

For both the player and club it's time to move on for Martial. He needs to go to a club where he'll be the main striker which he'll never get at United . And with Ole in charge he'll always favour Rashford's work rate over Martial on the left for the defensive work.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
For both the player and club it's time to move on for Martial. He needs to go to a club where he'll be the main striker which he'll never get at United . And with Ole in charge he'll always favour Rashford's work rate over Martial on the left for the defensive work.

This is the only reason I can see him leaving tbh. I still think he’s good quality but if he’s dead set on playing as a no. 9 then no space for him due to Mason and Cavani.

He could work as a withdrawn forward similar to a Grizzou. His link up play is very good but Ole doesn’t have the tactical nous to build a squad in that manner to allow him excel. I still say give him another year as there are more than enough games to rotate him in but who knows.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth

Thoughts?

I've always been Martial FC but if we're ever serious about competing for big titles, he can't be an integral part of your team and he makes too much money to be a bit part player. He also hasn't got the elite mentality required so I would move him on if we got Sancho or another attacker this summer. I do feel for him and Rashford because those two would have really benefitted from Fergie or even LvG.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
So I would move him on if we got Sancho or another attacker this summer.

If it’s a swap for Sancho then yes. But my understanding is Sancho is for the RW.

Rashford and Martial can hold down the LW is my belief. I’m not privy as to which other LWs are available in the market.

The elite mentality is true though :francis:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
This is the only reason I can see him leaving tbh. I still think he’s good quality but if he’s dead set on playing as a no. 9 then no space for him due to Mason and Cavani.

He could work as a withdrawn forward similar to a Grizzou. His link up play is very good but Ole doesn’t have the tactical nous to build a squad in that manner to allow him excel. I still say give him another year as there are more than enough games to rotate him in but who knows.

Hes been there 6 years and still hasn't truly established himself as a vital player. Forget his ability because he is top 3 with Pogba and Murda in that department. But you got to ask yourself do really trust Martial in big moments or when he's having a bad game to come thru and the answer is probably not. Another season at United he's just treading water and continuing the cycle of being unplayable to inconsistent to being useless at times when the game isn't going his way.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
If it’s a swap for Sancho then yes. But my understanding is Sancho is for the RW.

Rashford and Martial can hold down the LW is my belief. I’m not privy as to which other LWs are available in the market.

The elite mentality is true though :francis:
Sancho would be for the right but he plays on both sides so for me Martial would have to go because we spent a shed load on Amad who will need more games.