Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Love Cesc but Michael Owen ain't wrong. Some of these assists are umm...suspect partly due to fantasy football and how the game changed.

I loved watching players like Veron, Riquelme, Cesc, Ozil, Xavi, Bergkamp, Rui Costa, true artists.
None of this chat for strikers scoring 2 yard tap ins though? So how are goals always harder?

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also, Tuchel always have great first seasons.

In BVB, his first season he finished second with the highest points ever for a number 2. At some point they were even above Pep's Bayern. In PSG, he started his first season with like 15 wins in a row and went unbeaten for 20 games.

With Tuchel, it's if he can stay consistent and keep his teams motivated because after a couple of good seasons, his teams are way worse. He left BVB barely scratching the CL and left PSG last year in 3rd place unable to win against direct competition.

I don't know how he did with Mainz but I wouldnt be surprised if it's similar. @SCORCH , you'll have great results until 2022. Passed that, that team will be done :lolbron:

Nah breh, I'm not going to read too much into his previous roles. I think Tuchel x Chelsea is the perfect match.

Plus, I get the feeling he really wants to compete with the likes of Pep and Klopp for the next couple of years.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Ah I'm glad I didn't make a joke about how shyt Soyuncu was against Greenwood earlier now.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mata :mjcry:

Such a shame to see how his career panned out. Surely there's a top Serie Ass club dying to sign somebody like him to help propel them to domestic glory?