Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
wait what?
you think he's better than those guys but have in on par with Lenglet?

he's only better than Umitit and Lenglet. Lenglet is the worst cb Deschamps has called up since the world cup. but Laport ain't better than Varane, Zouma nor Dayot

I haven’t watched much of Lenglet recently but in the past when I did he was solid.

Zouma always has a mistake in him. Varane needs someone next to him to organize things. Dayot is still young, can be rash at times.

Laporte is a top defender man. But facts is France is stacked at the back. Straight up embarrassment of riches.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
wait what?
you think he's better than those guys but have in on par with Lenglet?

he's only better than Umitit and Lenglet. Lenglet is the worst cb Deschamps has called up since the world cup. but Laport ain't better than Varane, Zouma nor Dayot

Zouma definitely isn’t better. Varane without guidance is also not all that. Haven’t seen enough of Dayot to even talk about him :hubie:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Zouma definitely isn’t better. Varane without guidance is also not all that. Haven’t seen enough of Dayot to even talk about him :hubie:
is Laporte even starting for City?
Varane is better, I don't get this guidance narrative. He didn't need guidance from Ramos to win the world cup, and he had Umtiti as his partner.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Most of our line up haven't started a game of professional football for months, so I understand the sloppiness. What's Leicester excuse? :hhh:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
is Laporte even starting for City?
Varane is better, I don't get this guidance narrative. He didn't need guidance from Ramos to win the world cup, and he had Umtiti as his partner.

Laporte started for a City team that made 100 points, and did so playing most of the games with Otamendi. Not regularly starting for City right now isn't an indictment on his talent.