Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
So I'm watching CBS Sports

and one of the commentators described Di Marias red card being as a result of his "Latino temperament"

That's offensive, isn't it? :mjlol:

Yeah, we'll be hearing an apology for that in 24 hours.
I just read about this story. :dwillhuh:

British CACs just can’t conceal their xenophobia.:gucci:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Well that is the worst final 2 for me as a Liverpool fan
I want neither team to win, might not even watch it

To the Man U fans in this thread, who do you want to win it? Man City your noisy nieghbours winning for the first time or Chelsea who would go 1 behind in CL wins with 2 ?

I'll be rooting for the ref. :francis:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
You kind of understand why Real Madrid, Barca, Juventus wanted that Super League. They are falling behind the English. Premier league has too much money and the competition forces everyone to step their game up

Makes Liverpool and ManU look even worse

Those 3 teams fell behind because of their own financial mismanagement and greed to destroy their own domestic leagues nothing else. It was all fine and good when they were making CL Finals and winning their domestic leagues at a canter in the 10's. Give multiple players 400k+ p/w wages and then wonder why you cannot get rid of them. Or keep aging players well past their sell buy date. And that isn't even getting into the vanity signings all 3 have done over the last couple of years.

Want to know why English clubs have slowly started to dominate in Europe again? Their transfer profiling is better. Rarely do they spend big money on a player over 26/27 and if they do generally the player is already within the PL.

Last edited:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Liverpool fans think they’re getting Mbappe and Harland next season :laff:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Maybe at present but for some context .. back in the day of league and european cup winners only in the European Cup between 77 and 82 English teams won the competition 6 times in a row.

Between 77 and 85 English teams were in all but 1 final.

VX53woq.png

qQMpKyc.png
Oh how Nottingham has fallen