Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

dappadonna

'OOOOOHHHH DOOOONNNAA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North London
I already know Ryan 'bang average' Mason is gonna try and shoehorn his successor Harry 'super average' Winks back in to the first 11.

Should've let Chris Houghton get a go :ahh:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
zWFhirc.png

Low key (at least for me) football hasn't been this exciting for weeks
CTdS2BM.png

Daps
Chelsea should have never agreed to saving those broke boys.

Lets get that good will now :blessed:
Getting some good will towards your team is some wishful thinking and dreaming going on there

It was always gonna be either Chelsea or City that relented first.

Neither team should have contemplated entering in to it in the first place with the amount of money their owners have anyway

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
My thing with the ESL is this, the clubs considered “super” today may not be the super ones of tomorrow as we’ve seen with some past European powerhouse clubs that have lost a bit of their pedigree across the continent e.g. Ajax, Milan, Benfica etc

But tbh, once big money got into football and it became a bonafide business then something like this was always on the cards.

A good number of the ESL clubs have some large debts they need to service (FCB, Man U, Real Madrid, Atlethi, Spurs etc).

Let’s see. I don’t think the ESL goes through but instead is used as a nuclear option to negotiate more money from UEFA.

Sad day for the sport.