Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
They really should've tried to sneak Arsenal and Tottenham through the back door, 10+2 type of press release :mjgrin:

Everyone's initial reaction seems to be "Tottenham :mjtf:"

Yeah that's because since it changed its name in like 92, they have been involved in Europe's top competition about 4 maybe 5 times and that is only in recent years

Before the change they were not involved at all

They have no right to be there at all imo

Roy Keane loves having digs at them when being a pundit and Fergie team talk for when they played them was "it's only Tottenham"
That was it

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Does that mean no one is getting kicked out of this season competition?
Have they back down on everything they said ?

They cant really do anything about this season's competition. There are existing contracts to fulfil. This season's european matches will be completed even though they'll becoming meaningless.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
That's going to happen.

Water breaks where they will sell advertising. They missed a trick with this during project restart.
Early during the restart after the pandemic hit, low-key, Arteta was pretty good at getting the team to make adjustments.

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya

I find this really interesting because of his body language. Look how assertive and confident he is at the start, when he says "we want to save football; this will save football." He actually believes himself :mjlol:

But the more interesting thing starts at about 50 seconds, when the interviewer asks if Real Madrid will be expelled from the Champions League. Watch Perez closely there. He's SHOOK :merchant: and then he tugs on his ear when he repeats the claim that they cannot be kicked out.

I'm no poker player, but having that doubtful expression on your face and going for your ear while you speak is an obvious tell, especially when compared to how dominant and self-assured his body language was just moments before that question

concise

Veteran
Daps
I've just realised its the Super League and not the European Super League.

That's a very important distinction because these guys could literally add any franchise they want round the world.

Yup. I wouldn't be surprised if no one else on the continent wants to play along that they'll just add US, Saudi, Chinese champs, etc. :francis:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
My man, are you playing devil's advocate ? :lolbron: Because the SL will make this even worse.

And Perez is an hypocrite. Him and all the big clubs lobbied for that boredom so they could secure their place in the KO stages and their TV revenue : the pot system, the "can't have 2 teams from the same country in the same group" rule, the club pairing rule to prevent tems from the same country to play on same day. I cant believe Perez has me defending UEFA :russ:

A breh said it already but the real fix for the CL is simple IMO : KO stage only with a seeding system like in tennis. 7 rounds/13 games tops like we currently have.

Seed system would allow some safety for the bigs but there should be some cracking games by round of 32 or even 64 in some cases. :mjlit:

But we already know the bigs would not want that. Some of them would get knocked out by the likes of Ajax, Porto, Zenit or Galatasaray by round of 32 :mjgrin:

Super League has been paying me for prop :skip: .