Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Djalminha

Pro
Daps
Reppin
/UK/Birmingham
"This is a huge disaster for football. I am shocked that it is coming true now. That a small underdog prevails, that was always the basis of football. If there is now a Super League in which Arsenal or Tottenham qualify forever without any sporting achievement, then the foundation of football will be taken away. Everyone must be aware that football will then change forever and will never be the same again. People are still dying all over the world, there is a lack of money at the front and at the back. These twelve clubs set up their own league and get 100 or 150 million shoved up their asses. You have to question the ethics of that. The sad thing is: at the end of the day, it's all about money, money, money. The damage would be so big that many fans will hopefully oppose it. I would take part in such protests."

Gosens of Atalanta :banderas:

I love that the rise of Atalanta clearly made Angelli so mad

Montez

Superstar
Daps
UEFA hoards enough not to care.

I'm all for this, if you a franchise Soccer team. Buy an MLS or A league team.

Get this nonsense the fukk on.:camby:

Hopefully these owners get removed too

I'm not saying this eventually wasn't going to happen but they were chasing these sharks though. MBS is the next one up.

Supporters groups have been crying for years about the lack of transparency in English football clubs. Real and Barca were hoarding all the money in Spain. There were no demands or requirements of the new owners. Sky and the papers loved all the transfer talk, all the Big4/Big 6 Super Sunday talk, and ignored all the damage being done.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"This is a huge disaster for football. I am shocked that it is coming true now. That a small underdog prevails, that was always the basis of football. If there is now a Super League in which Arsenal or Tottenham qualify forever without any sporting achievement, then the foundation of football will be taken away. Everyone must be aware that football will then change forever and will never be the same again. People are still dying all over the world, there is a lack of money at the front and at the back. These twelve clubs set up their own league and get 100 or 150 million shoved up their asses. You have to question the ethics of that. The sad thing is: at the end of the day, it's all about money, money, money. The damage would be so big that many fans will hopefully oppose it. I would take part in such protests."

Gosens of Atalanta :banderas:

I love that the rise of Atalanta clearly made Angelli so mad

Agnelli is without doubt one of the major driving forces behind this. Also, he had a prominent role in Uefa so he was clearly working against them the whole time.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Hopefully they bush Utd, City, Chelsea, Madrid and Arsenal from their respective European competitions.

Give PSG the UCL and have Roma /Villarreal battle for the Europa.

Would be nice if they brought back Porto, Bayern and Dortmund for the semi finals of the UCL but I doubt that happens.