Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Leicester in the meeting

EmfitfiXMAIhV9R.jpg

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
IIRC Super League doesnt start till 2024.

They say that but them greedy phucks got a contingency plan. That shyt is pretty much ready to go. Minus Bayern and PSG that got all the other heavy hitters for a travelling roadshow. They can have a 12 team league in the SPL format play each other 4 times across the global.

Djalminha

Pro
Daps
Reppin
/UK/Birmingham
I got the setup, what im asking is who are in those really low levels. Are those like minor league teams and those players just play there until a higher level team buys them or are those teams like Paddys Pub Soccer Club and its just a bunch of neighborhood guys on a squad. For example would National League North be equivalent to AA baseball in the minor leagues here in the states.
The top 4 leagues are fully professional as well as a good few in the fifth tier.

All clubs have histories of 100+ years and even some in the 4th tier attracting 5,000+ fans a game

You can't really compare the structure will Baseball as the lower a clubs are all farm clubs and have a goal of developing players for the MLB club.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I saw on Goonersweb that UEFA are trying to pass a law saying that teams in the Federation should be 51 percent owned by the fans, like in the Bundesliga. And that was a big factor in the 12 clubs moving so fast with this.

I'm all for the 51 percent thing.
Bro, they couldn't even do FFP. Its too late.