Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Man City should've been banned last year for all that bullshyt they did over the years. Shut your bytch ass up. @Yayo Toure

All our clubs are corrupt scumbags, we're supposed be in this bullshyt together :mjlol:
Exactly, of course money is the main motivator but let's not act like the other clubs didn't see how UEFA handled that debacle and thought why are we letting these bozos run shyt, covid too but the City bullshyt has definitely played a part in this happening sooner than it would have.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
to be honest...the allure of seeing your squad play teams in Europe will go away when theyre doing it every week lol. I personally wont watch...certainly not as an Arsenal fan whose team will get batried every year. might gamble on it though :gladbron:
Most nikkas in here regularly watch matches involving teams they don't even support but I'm meant to believe you won't be watching this :heh:

You all need to behave, I'm gonna be watching, you gonna be watching, we all gonna be watching :steviej:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Most nikkas in here regularly watch matches involving teams they don't even support but I'm meant to believe you won't be watching this :heh:

You all need to behave, I'm gonna be watching, you gonna be watching, we all gonna be watching :steviej:
most people will certainly be watching. i personally have outgrown really caring about the EPL and Arsenal is shyt so I will pass. I dont even really bet on soccer because i suck at it so I dont really see myself missing too much. I feel sorry for my brit brehs and die hards though. Cause they will be forced to watch

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Uncle Flo rolling back the clock like it's 03 :ohlawd:

"if players participating in the supercup are banned from the wc in Qatar, we create our own competition"

who are players going to side with, league, fifa or club owners who pay them?

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I think the Superleague idea is such a short sighted decision by a lot of the clubs joining. And some of them have too much faith their domestic leagues won't just back FIFA/UEFA and ban them from domestic competition unless they drop a heavy bag in negotiations.

At the end of the day this is just the big clubs from 3 countries wanting a yearly "Champions League" were they can make more money initially and guarantee participation no matter what. But if national leagues stand their grounds, they are fukked, imo.

By 2025 the novelty of seeing these teams compete in an NFL-like format will wear thin because I don't see them grasping the "every week/match matters" feeling the NFL has. At the end of the day no one gives a flying fukk about Arsenal facing Juventus or AC Milan playing Atletico. shyt, by year five, I don't think people will get as hyped about Manchester vs Real or Barcelona vs Liverpool after they've seen it every damn year. And I have a hard time picturing them being able to create rivalries with such a short ass pool of teams.

We know money will make or break this though. I don't think anyone should be shocked if the Superleague is able to replace the UCL as the primary European competition after they are able to negotiate with FIFA an obscene amount of money for the rights to stay in national competitions and letting players play in international football
:manny:
they couldn't even convince a French or German team to join. Thats SHOCKING.

brandy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
This is the sport equivalent of launching a strike then negotiating a ceasefire or detente.

Do we seriously believe all these clubs will be ok with being kicked out of domestic competition next year? Or that the leagues will stay firm on this? There’ll be some sort of climb down, but it does seem like a PR disaster for the clubs.

I wanna see them do it. They barely made a stand towards racism. You want me to believe they will hurt their coins and potentially end their organization.

I think Bayern said yes, but PSG's owners are a part of the UEFA executive team, I think

---
This money could have been invested into American soccer, especially since it is becoming more popular here.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Another thing we have to think about. If this happens. What's stopping a Boca, River, Club America, Sao Paulo, Flamengo from wanting to join up, with the support base and History they come with

For the most part, their fanbases. Most of us south americans are more interested in seeing how we fair against each other than European clubs. And if it means not playing the domestic league?? no fukking way, you'd get at least 2 or 3 clubs get their HQ lit on fire as protest.

Even if they'd manage to work a deal were they can compete domestically and in the Superleague, scheduling and travel would make it almost impossible to work it out.

Look, I have no doubt owners from southamerican teams would LOVE to get the kind of money a Superleague would mean for them, the novelty of bringing big European football clubs to play here and the chance to finally "compete" with big clubs when it comes to signings (and stop being a sad mix of farmer leagues sprinkled with old stars coming back before they retire). But if you make a club like Boca or Flamengo compete in something that would mean not playing for their domestic league or their players not playing for the national teams, I guarantee you riots would ensue and it's likely people from ownership would get killed :dead:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
PSG's owner is on the executive committee and German ownership rules and fans mean that a German club won't break the ranks like this. These clubs have just got the ball rolling and this is the start of everyone coming to terms with it happening which is why you are seeing all this posturing but best believe PSG, Bayern, Dortmund, Lyon, Marseilles have had discussions with the other clubs and some of them will be part of this when it happens.