Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Man dem don't rate Foden?

Every youngster he was compared to 2 years ago has had some type of fall off, while Foden has gotten better every season. Short term I think he ends up as a left winger, but as he learns to read the game better and gets a bit stronger I can see him playing CM. Sky is the limit for him, unreal technique for an englishman.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. VAR has improved refereeing to a degree. They seem to allow the game to flow more than previously. Before VAR the majority of them use to blow up for anything, now its only a minority who are being very anal. But the actual decision making has probably gotten worse from both the refs and the video ref people. But thats because the rules seem to be unclear and the refs are all using their own interpretations of the laws. It seems like the refs and the videos ref are trying not to undermine one another in some instances.

When you say "use to blow up" you mean the refs or the players?

Ahh, so if it goes to VAR the decision is made by a video ref?

It's difficult to say bc as you suggest so much of this revolves around subjective interpretations of things that are happening very quickly and obviously there's something to be said for wanting to encourage a free flowing quality to the game. At the end of the day though I think ensuring that clearly incorrect calls are rectified are more compelling interests than the drawbacks. They can always work on the process - but having instances where a blatantly incorrect call cost a team a championship is inexcusable.

4. West Ham being the top 4 and Liverpool losing 4 in a row at home after going 68 unbeaten could be the biggest signs of the no fans in the stadium. I do think it's hard because there are so many other factors. Hellish schedule and injuries have been killing Liverpool who play an uptempo style.

wtf...68 straight wins is absolutely insane.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Man dem don't rate Foden?

Every youngster he was compared to 2 years ago has had some type of fall off, while Foden has gotten better every season. Short term I think he ends up as a left winger, but as he learns to read the game better and gets a bit stronger I can see him playing CM. Sky is the limit for him, unreal technique for an englishman.

Who doesnt rate Foden?

And I'm sure you mean unreal technique for a football player in general.