Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
We need a quick cb to play next to him, we’ve always known this. He’s fine playing in a high line with someone quick.

He’s a good captain who generally organises the defence well. Let’s not go overboard and rewrite history because of 1 game. Proper clueless reactionary craic.

He fukked up, it’s football, it happens.

His track record says otherwise but you refuse to look at the evidence so :yeshrug: ok.

30 goals is NOT the sign of an organized defence.

it's worse than in previous seasons (with a "worse defense") so if Ole and Maguire are not culpable who is?

People bending over backwards to knee-jerk defend "certain" players ... :wow:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
He has been the last few months, if you haven’t been able to see that then i don’t really know what to say, you won’t be convinced obviously.

And yeah, worst thing about the club’s fanbase. This isn’t controversial.

You're right breh Manchester United home fans never racially abuse players. :stopitslime:

There's no way we we have the worst defence in the top 10 and he's been class. He's not the only offender but he's the captain and when he's not tackling his own defenders he's not not organising them either. Obviously you won't be convinced either so. :hubie:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
His track record says otherwise but you refuse to look at the evidence so :yeshrug: ok.

it's worse than in previous seasons (with a "worse defense") so if Ole and Maguire are not culpable who is?

No, his track record doesn’t prove that at all though. I swear most of our fans don’t actually watch the games and base everything off 5 second clips or highlights.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Haha, hilarious mate.

He’s still one of the best CB’s in the league despite his limitations.

:picard: ok guv'nor ...

most expensive defender of all time. no track record.. relegated 4 times including twice in 1 season. regularly attacking and assaulting own team mates while defending, unorganized defence throughout his tenure as i. defensive lynchpin and ii. captain. even fabinho (the MF) is a better defender than him. city just signed a proper defender.

:russ:

you're having a laugh.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
No, his track record doesn’t prove that at all though. I swear most of our fans don’t actually watch the games and base everything off 5 second clips or highlights.

track record: :mjlol:

you know why certain people give certain people that unearned "captain g-man captain marvel badge" ..

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
track record:

I really don’t know why you lot keep posting these fan cam clowns as though 1. they have a clue what they’re talking about. 2. I’m gonna watch that shyt.

Try actually watching the game and form your own opinion. I know that’s not what football fandom is now but it’s not a bad way to go. Too busy watching some dikkhead on a stream to watch the game.:why:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
:picard: ok guv'nor ...

most expensive defender of all time. no track record.. relegated 4 times including twice in 1 season. regularly attacking and assaulting own team mates while defending, unorganized defence throughout his tenure as i. defensive lynchpin and ii. captain. even fabinho (the MF) is a better defender than him. city just signed a proper defender.

:russ:

you're having a laugh.
You’re using a list of shyt points i’m sure you got from a youtuber, they’re either irrelevant or complete nonsense.

if you honestly think our defence has been worse since Maguire came you are a certified clown.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Reason for Maguire looking competent.
giphy.gif

End of discussion. :unimpressed:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
You’re using a list of shyt points i’m sure you got from a youtuber, they’re either irrelevant or complete nonsense.

if you honestly think our defence has been worse since Maguire came you are a certified clown.

peace flower face .. :mjlol:

these are highly relevant:

worst start to a season is ~30 years (2019) Maguire is skipper and lynchpin defender
worst start to a season is ~40 years (2020) Maguire is skipper and lynchpin defender
most goals every conceded in champions league group stage EVER (2020) by Man Utd Maguire is skipper and lynchpin defender
longest run without a clean sheet for ~48 years (2020) Maguire is skipper and lynchpin defender

he is a donkey and a violent thug and cannot organize the team.

and that is all in addition to his basic failings as a footballer.

but some people cannot see bad in him no matter what he does.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
You're right breh Manchester United home fans never racially abuse players. :stopitslime:

There's no way we we have the worst defence in the top 10 and he's been class. He's not the only offender but he's the captain and when he's not tackling his own defenders he's not not organising them either. Obviously you won't be convinced either so. :hubie:
Oh yeah they definitely do(i’ve called a couple of people out at OT before).

He has without question, individually, been on good form recently. I get we’re all pissed off because of the result and looking to lash out but it’s true.

If he’d been shyt i’d say so, like he undoubtedly was at the start of the season.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK

worst start to a season is ~30 years (2019) Maguire is skipper and lynchpin defender
worst start to a season is ~40 years (2020) Maguire is skipper and lynchpin defender
most goals every conceded in champions league group stage EVER (2020) by Man Utd Maguire is skipper and lynchpin defender
longest run without a clean sheet for ~48 years (2020) Maguire is skipper and lynchpin defender

I can definitely see the bad in him, he has limitations. It’s that people can’t see the good in him i have a problem with.

Really breh just answer, do you think our defence was better before Maguire? Just so i know.

nahnah

Superstar
Daps

Your not wrong. He's like a protected species when it comes to pundits not highlighting his mistakes. Imagine Pogba getting away with some of shyt Maguie does:russ:

He's a good outlet on the ball from the back.

But you'll never see a "top defender" be as lax as he is defensively and it's something he can't afford to be because he's so slow to begin with :heh:

Last edited:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth

I thought Maguire was actually much better last season. This season he has been laughable.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
I can definitely see the bad in him, he has limitations. It’s that people can’t see the good in him i have a problem with.

Really breh just answer, do you think our defence was better before Maguire? Just so i know.
Absolutely not. Maguire improved our defence by a long way in his first season. This season he's been a big part of the problem.