Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
He was kinda “pushed” out yes, but He didn't get sacked is my point. He didn’t go out like Mou at Chelsea/MU, Frank at Chelsea etc.

You said leave on their own accord, now you saying he didnt get sacked. Sacked resigned whatever it wants to be spun as, bottom line was asked to leave, that isn't on own accord.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
You said leave on their own accord, now you saying he didnt get sacked. Sacked resigned whatever it wants to be spun as, bottom line was asked to leave, that isn't on own accord.

You’re right. My bigger point is that coaching is one of the positions where you can expect to get sacked as part of you’re career, unlike say a lawyer.

There are few coaches that get to walk away from the profession/retire when they choose. SAF is one of them.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
You’re right. My bigger point is that coaching is one of the positions where you can expect to get sacked as part of you’re career, unlike say a lawyer.

There are few coaches that get to walk away from the profession/retire when they choose. SAF is one of them.

Most of them dont know when to retire and when they do. They miss out need the fix and comeback. Sometimes being taken back behind the shed and put out of their misery is the only way to get the message thru to them.

See Guy Roux. Managed Auxerre for 44 years, retired and game back 2 years later and only lasted 4 games into a 2 year contract

The epic life and legacy of Guy Roux, the man who managed Auxerre for 44 years

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Just pathetic man management and coaching; you only need to watch them play for 20 mins to know there's hardly any work done behind the scenes.

Yup. Tactically he out of his depth, refused to shake things, subs were always like-for-like, etc...

And it's surprising to hear that he was cold with the players, given that a.) he was a player so recently and b.) during his playing days, he was well liked and respected by his peers.

Going by what Demba Ba said, We know why he's the obvious choice for Chelsea. :mjpls:

Tuchel was the obvious choice because hes available.
  • Rangnick didn't want the temp role
  • Allegri is on a sabbatical (I believe)
  • Leipzig refused to let Nagelsmann discuss terms with Chelsea (and would've been disaster at Chelsea anyway, IMO)
  • Sarri is, well, yeah...

Spent too much time on Qanon forums and not the training ground.

He's not wrong.

On psycho/socio/political level, Trump, and Trumpism, is absolutely fascinating.

Not surprised. He’s from Essex (think Jersey Shore with cockney accents) and a Conservative.

:mjlol:

Conservatives =/= MAGA

Traditional Torys consider Trump and his ilk as a joke. If Lampard was allowed to vote in 2016, he probably would've went for Hilary as her world view is more akin to the UK Torys than anything else.

So in summation Frank wanted to boot out Kepa, fix the defense and midfield, basically all the Chelsea weak spots, but instead ended up with Werner, Havertz and Ziyech.

Imagine being a manager and having an idea where you want to strengthen but the owner's mate/past jumpoff denies you and instead decides what players you'll have at great cost in positions you hadn't asked for

But he did get a Kepa replacement and defensive reinforcement. :francis:

Getting lampard out doesn't change anything. Chelsea needs a top to bottom culture change.

Why? It's gotten them results in the past.

Why change what has worked for damn near 20 years?

:ld:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Chelsea is only 5 points away from top 4. They have must really lost faith in Lampard to think that he can't get them there.

Lowkey, They should have contacted Brendan Rodgers :russ: I'm willing to put money he'd have left leicester and accept lmao

Last edited:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
But he did get a Kepa replacement and defensive reinforcement. :francis:

As per that Athletic article, his "treatment" of Kepa was one of the reasons he was sacked. They were pushed into Mendy because Kepa was averaging a howler per game. They wanted him to put an arm around Kepa :dame:

He got Thiago Silva on a free and Chilwell. Not exactly what he had in mind

Why not upgrade the positions he wanted instead of getting Havertz and Werner?

That's not to say he's not shyt... Just found the board ridiculous

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
What if that black face is validating regressive views?

Alex Scott does well. I have my issues with Troy Deeney but he brings a point of view that doesn't make Brexit folks feel welcome. I'm not saying there isn't a place for Micah but his conduct during the PSG-Istanbul Basaksehir was disappointing given all that has gone on in the last year.

You know why Micah would (might) do that though. It's the Bruno (Frank!) move. Keep smiling and keep them happy. Compare and contrast how :mjpls:people feel about KG and Rantz. Or Keane and ... well ... actually no breh who spoke like Keane would be given that job :hhh: