Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps

PeF5dQo.png

Eva :takedat:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Spuds are losing? :picard:

Wycombe's team is practically scraped together due to COVID as well...

They got Son and Kane on the bench anyways.

Edit* They got Joe Hart in goal. Why did they bush Gazzaniga? :mjlol:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Imagine being a manager and having an idea where you want to strengthen but the owner's mate/past jumpoff denies you and instead decides what players you'll have at great cost in positions you hadn't asked for

:heh:

And then you're the idiot that has to justify it to the public

Breh was the fall guy

Hard to root for Lampard tho... :ahh:

ScottyG

Separate the boys from men
Daps
Imagine being a manager and having an idea where you want to strengthen but the owner's mate/past jumpoff denies you and instead decides what players you'll have at great cost in positions you hadn't asked for

:heh:

And then you're the idiot that has to justify it to the public

Breh was the fall guy

Hard to root for Lampard tho... :ahh:

Kepa being the straw that broke the camel's back is priceless

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Crazy. Sports coaching/management is one of the few professions where you can/should expect to get sacked.

SAF/Wenger etc are anomalies in that they actually left on their own accord. Most others get the boot.

Thats not true.

Wenger would of seen out the extra year left on his contract.

Wenger agrees new two-year Arsenal deal - 2017

Arsène Wenger insists he will honour contract and stay at Arsenal - Feb 2018

Wenger: I always respect my contracts

Wenger to leave Arsenal at end of season - April 2018

Last edited:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Crazy. Sports coaching/management is one of the few professions where you can/should expect to get sacked.

SAF/Wenger etc are anomalies in that they actually left on their own accord. Most others get the boot.

And this shyt about you need time is also nonsense. You have to show something then get afforded (more) time.

Since we smoking on that Lampard pack today.

Manchester City's Sterling called for more black managers in football while speaking about racism in the aftermath of the death of American George Floyd.

He compared the jobs given to Lampard and Rangers boss Steven Gerrard with those of Sol Campbell and Ashley Cole.

Lampard said the 25-year-old's comparison was "very casual".

"I think in the actual case of managers, I think he got it, from my point of view, slightly wrong," said Lampard.

"Those opportunities have to be equal for everybody, I think we all agree on that.

"But within that then there are the details of how hard you worked.

"I certainly worked from the start of my career to try to get this opportunity, and there's a million things along the way that knock you, set you back, that you fight against."

Campbell, 45, is manager of Southend having spent nine months at Macclesfield, where he helped the club avoid relegation from League Two.

Cole, 39, works for Chelsea's academy and coached at Derby during Lampard's only other managerial stint since retiring as a player.

Liverpool legend Gerrard, 40, coached at the club's academy before his first role as a manager with Rangers.

"The FA do a lot of good work, I've just finished my pro licence, it was very diverse, it was very open," added Lampard. "That needs to be encouraged, if there's anything we can do to ensure everyone gets an equal opportunity in the paths towards management then it needs to be done. And the numbers suggest that needs to be done.

"But with Raheem, the individual comparison, when you don't have the detail of each person's pathway, I felt that wasn't quite right.

"And again I'll level that out slightly, because I want to say that Raheem Sterling as a player and as a person and what he's stood up for over the last two years, I think has been fantastic."

Harry and being a Chelsea legend got him jobs.