Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Real madrid? They already have Benz and Higuain, why would they want RVP?

Because he's about roughly 10 times the player that either of them are?

Anyone who thinks RvP didn't come to United because the little boy inside him desired it is a moron tbf:yes:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Aye.

Yeah but have you watched any of the vids? (Don't and especially not with headphones.) The reviews for it on hostelworld are pretty gash (I've been placed there rather than picked it) and I've always wanted a kettle in the same room as a shower. I was just hoping or halls pt. 2.

Not unless it's your only source of hot water :skip:

How long you out there for?

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Already did that tbf. That's just the place I'm off on Sunday, put there for training. But I'm baffled as to why they thought a dogme 96 version of the Silent Hill trailer would be useful for promotional purpose.

:russ: at the thought of graduate opportunities for a poor BA in carlisle.

I'm not hating tbf.

You'll have some stories to tell i guess.

And if life isn't about how good a story you can tell in the pub, then i don't know what it's about :manny:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
The racism would get to me tbh in the 60s and 70s. 60s was basically decade of the cac.

More so than...well, I guess every other decade ever.

Futsal World Cup starts tomorrow:skip::ehh:

all on espn3 too god bless em :bow:

Could of put your black glove in them days and united up with the Panthers...

Said you was there when MLK had his dream...

Could of suited up with a red dikkiebow on...

Could of been taught kung fu by Bruce Lee...

The possibilities are endless

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
@yoyoyo1 - no playoff betting thread yet?

thanks for reminding me

http://www.the-coli.com/gamblers-an...ls-eastern-conference-play-game-oct-31-a.html
http://www.the-coli.com/gamblers-an...mls-western-conference-play-game-nov-1-a.html

527486_10151084708416277_765958883_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
For one the only reason he didn't go CITY is because City needed to offload either Dzeko or Tevez for them to be able to afford RVP. And Chelsea weren't interested as they wanted to give Torres a chance without the pressure of another top class striker in the team.:pachaha:
Barcelona? weren't interested, especially at the transfer fee and wages demand.
Real madrid? They already have Benz and Higuain, why would they want RVP?
Juve? Yes Juve was interested but i don't think they afford the fee and wages.

So yes he went to Manchester United for the money. Anybody who says different is either an idiot or has red tainted glasses on. :mjpls:

You just listed reasons why he went to utd being the other teams weren't interested?:ld:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
You just listed reasons why he went to utd being the other teams weren't interested?:ld:

It was a combination of things. Chelsea couldn't buy because of Torres and the other teams(City) except City were willing to meet Arsena's fee coupled with the wage demands

Why you arguing semantics :comeon:

@Gliver
You think that RVP is that much better than Benz and Higuain. You sound like some of my fellow utd fans who thought Chicarito was better Benz or Higuain because of that first season at Utd. Plus Mou doesn't like to have a lot of top class strikers on his teams, only lesser managers like to do that(I'm look at you Mancini :heh:).

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
@Gliver
You think that RVP is that much better than Benz and Higuain. You sound like some of my fellow utd fans who thought Chicarito was better Benz or Higuain because of that first season at Utd. Plus Mou doesn't like to have a lot of top class strikers on his teams, only lesser managers like to do that(I'm look at you Mancini :heh:).

Yeah mate, it's exactly the same comparing one of the best strikers in the world as it is comparing chicharito.:comeon:

No one on the planet would legitimately try and claim those 2 are anywhere near RvP.:heh:

It's the reason Real won't win the CL, as soon as they get a real striker they'll be scary.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
It was a combination of things. Chelsea couldn't buy because of Torres and the other teams(City) except City were willing to meet Arsena's fee coupled with the wage demands

Why you arguing semantics :comeon:

@Gliver

Higuain is awful once he comes up against a good solid team/defence, hes been flat trackin for far too long.

Benzema is startin to show his talent, but his problem is that he wants to be like Messi/C Dot, while Jose tells him that hes got to play higher up the pitch. If you see him play for France & what he does for Real its like watchin 2 different players. France need him to be the striker, he wants to create and do everythnig else but be in the box.

Make a Top 5 ST/CF list and neither Benzema/Higuain make it tbh. Benzema might make a top 10 one

RVP only problem was his injury record and that on occassion if things dont go his way he'll lash out

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
How good is rafael these days though? That scary potential starting to grow in to scary ability.

I remember some brehs in here laughing when i said he'd go on and establish himself as the best right back in the country.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
anyone buy/check out xi quarterly?

also got the holwer.

4 issues for 50/60 bucks who do they think they are, no matter how good it may be :smh: