Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
What makes it so disgusting. We could've won everyone off those games. If he selected the best players on hand:mjlol::francis:
Still surprised y’all beat us tbh :yeshrug:. If Ole plays 4231 with no mctominay, we play you guys off the field

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Not play our senior players no matter how crap they are, and develop our talented youngers.

Would you be happy if Arteta was playing all youngsters but you were 17th due to inexperience and some players inevitably not being good enough?

Maybe your crap seniors are a better option than crap youngers? All the top class younger players like Saka and Martinelli managed to find their way in the squad...I'm not seeing this mass talented youngsters being kept out of the squad by Kolasinac and Mustafi. Arsenal U23s finished mid table last year

You need to upgrade your senior players breh

For comparison, Ole is probably a worse coach than Arteta but Man U have better players period. Despite Ole they can go second if they win both games in hand

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
What makes it so disgusting. We could've won everyone off those games. If he selected the best players on hand:mjlol::francis:

play nketiah instead of lacazette breh

next game willian will be starting again with bellerin and xhaka

Daps
Reppin
NYC
r8yKmZ6.jpg

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Look at the date of publication

Freddie Ljungberg warns Arsenal chiefs poor attitude of players won’t change with Mikel Arteta appointment

Coral Barry Thursday 19 Dec 2019 2:32 pm

PRI_111228906-e1576765477602.jpg

Freddie Ljungberg has warned club chiefs that too many of the Arsenal squad don’t care and their attitude is unlikely to improve with the appointment of Mikel Arteta.

Arsenal are poised to name Arteta as their new permanent manager despite the players telling club bosses they didn’t want the former Gunner in charge.

Several members of the squad reportedly approached members of the Arsenal board to voice their concerns about Arteta taking over and called for the appointment of experienced manager Carlo Ancelotti instead.

The Independent claim interim boss Ljungberg and his fellow coaches have been taken aback by the ‘slack’ attitude of Arsenal’s first-team stars.

What Ljungberg has told Arsenal chiefs about worrying mindset of squad

:huhldup:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Would you be happy if Arteta was playing all youngsters but you were 17th due to inexperience and some players inevitably not being good enough?

Maybe your crap seniors are a better option than crap youngers? All the top class younger players like Saka and Martinelli managed to find their way in the squad...I'm not seeing this mass talented youngsters being kept out of the squad by Kolasinac and Mustafi. Arsenal U23s finished mid table last year

You need to upgrade your senior players breh

For comparison, Ole is probably a worse coach than Arteta but Man U have better players period. Despite Ole they can go second if they win both games in hand

Honestly at this point, yes.

Outside of Saka he hasn't trusted any of our youngers. Last season, Martinelli was on role, stopped playing him. Ainsley finished the season very strong, quickly benched him. Priorizing a loan player in Cellabos who we are not gonna sign, over our own homegrown players. Let's not talk about Pepe and Willian, one guy we brought for 70 million other guy is a 31 year old pass it winger we got a free. Guess who is given more chances to fail?

Its just too much inconsistencies.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I'm pretty sure we're beating Chelsea next Saturday. I was pretty confident going into Old Trafford. We match up well against Chelsea and United (not so much Liverpool, Spurs, and Wolves)

Sacking Arteta alone isnt going to fix Arsenal.

So I dont know what Arsenal should do tbh.

Hire a smart and proven Director of Football who seeks to establish a brand of football and plan for the next 5-10. If you're going to have absentee owners you need a powerful figure (see Wenger and Fergie) who drives the football culture. Arteta did what any manager would do try to win now

Arteta should have less say in transfers and Edu should be fired. Arteta should get the season.

------------

The worrying thing about Arteta is he thinks we dominated these games because of possession and crosses. At least today, we were more progressive in our passes.

Arteta's tactics isn't what is going to doom him imo, it's the man-management and player identification. The favoritism is so blatant and Arteta doesn't like impulsive players who are the ones that make great clubs great. It's only now that he got desperate that he's letting players be more independent.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I just want to say, this belief that managers should be allowed to bring in their own players is mad to me. It's not sustainable at all and managers are always chopping and changing players.

Arteta really has more say over transfers than Klopp and Pep.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just want to say, this belief that managers should be allowed to bring in their own players is mad to me. It's not sustainable at all and managers are always chopping and changing players.

Arteta really has more say over transfers than Klopp and Pep.

This is a different situation tho, this team needs a clear out. And for how Arsenal is currently set up. He does need to have a big say on who they bring on.