Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
thing is what has arteta done? it's not like he's a manager with experience so you can be like hey can get out of this rut.

how many big or even mid table type clubs would be ok with being 15th and their coach still surviving?

emery was sacked and he was what 8th? In most sports sacking your coach leads to at least a little spark

Maybe you're right. Bringing in Arteta brought in a little bounce and they picked up an FA Cup, But you're right back where you were and maybe even worse because you just put a plaster on a shotgun wound. Arsenal didnt address the issues at the club. I see it 2 ways. You brought in a Rookie manager for obvious reasons so it'll be stupid to panic when he's going through a bad time and sack him when its obvious he's not the main problem. So you have to give him time. Lots of changes are required I'm just not sure that sacking Arteta alone will fix the issues.

At man utd, Ole is in over his head but so is everyone else at the top of the club. Changing Ole alone isnt going to make us on the Liverpool/Bayern level.
Not saying Ole shouldnt be sacked, but if Ole is sacked, and you bring in Poch for example and you take a step forward and one backward again then what? sack again?

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Sacking Arteta alone isnt going to fix Arsenal.

So I dont know what Arsenal should do tbh.
cop out. all it takes is a good manager to get things rolling

remember how people thought Liverpool were hopeless before Klopp arrived with FSG running things? Even Pochetino got the ball rolling for Tottenham. It's not like the owner has been to cheapest in the world

a good manger would be able to identify the dead weight and bring in players that fit his system. Arteta doesn't even have a system

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Maybe you're right. Bringing in Arteta brought in a little bounce and they picked up an FA Cup, But you're right back where you were and maybe even worse because you just put a plaster on a shotgun wound. Arsenal didnt address the issues at the club. I see it 2 ways. You brought in a Rookie manager for obvious reasons so it'll be stupid to panic when he's going through a bad time and sack him when its obvious he's not the main problem. So you have to give him time. Lots of changes are required I'm just not sure that sacking Arteta alone will fix the issues.

At man utd, Ole is in over his head but so is everyone else at the top of the club. Changing Ole alone isnt going to make us on the Liverpool/Bayern level.
Not saying Ole shouldnt be sacked, but if Ole is sacked, and you bring in Poch for example and you take a step forward and one backward again then what? sack again?

fulham is up 1-0 :to:
what's even worse breh is that look at the table, the premier league isn't even really that strong this year which makes this more frightening. Last year auba was bailing out arsenal so many time, now his touch is kind of gone and now look.

Arteta doesn't deserve more time

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
cop out. all it takes is a good manager to get things rolling

remember how people thought Liverpool were hopeless before Klopp arrived with FSG running things? Even Pochetino got the ball rolling for Tottenham. It's not like the owner has been to cheapest in the world

a good manger would be able to identify the dead weight and bring in players that fit his system. Arteta doesn't even have a system

Didnt those FSG guys start putting in the right structure before things started clicking in place for Liverpool? Didnt they have to steal some guys from Spurs as well to aid their football structure? I'm not sure of the details but while Klopp was the difference maker for Liverpool I seems to remember Liverpool had started making the right moves and decisions but Obviously if you're going to get in a top class manager you can give yourself a good chance.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
giphy.gif