Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
They won a U.S. Cup and a Campeones Cup, but I don't think that overrides that FDB never figured out how to work Pity Martinez into that squad and kept trying to impose a style on them that they weren't very good at. I think the equivalent in England - winning an FA Cup and a Community Shield - would be considered a failure if the formerly championship-level squad were much worse while still having a highly-paid and talented group of players, even considering that Josef Martinez got hurt in the first game this season.

I did want to ask why people looking down on MLS would keep him viable, though. Wouldn't not being able to cut it in a lesser league make him less viable? I'm legit just wondering about your perspective on this.
I don’t think it’s fair to say they were much worse. They fell just short of the Eastern Finals and won 2 of the other 3 comps they were in. They looked much different but a lot of that was the departure of Miggy because he’s just so different. They were wildly inconsistent but they were playing better and Pity was playing well towards the back end of 2019 and at least got a decent start in 2020 before Josef got hurt. I’m not an FDB apologist but I think he’s catching a bad rap for the on field stuff but clearly the front office deserve some shyt as well. It was a bad hire/fit more than him failing.

On the second I think it’s easier to explain away the bumps in the road for MLS when it’s a salary cap league and he won two comps overall. If you look at it he lost he’s job because of back room stuff more than on field. I think that’s easier to explain away to the Dutch when you are well respected there.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Toni KKKroos.

He said some slick shyt about Sane too when he wasn't called up for the last world cup.

Didnt Reus celebrate with a mask too? :mjpls:

He had some slick words for Ozil's discrimination as well.

A nice pattern developing..:mjpls:

Well he did have a pop about Griezmann fortnite celebration also. :manny:

But he definitely fits the Germans having a lack of humour stereotype.
"If there are rehearsed dances or choreographies, I think it’s very silly."
This eras celebrations are mild and boring. The 90's and 00's ones are wild. From Lee Sharpe pelvic thrust :dame: to the dog doing a pee against the corner flag.

But to stick with the :mjpls: if you know what's going on in Germany at the moment it isn't a surprise.

Guess he wont be having the Turkish-German couple vaccine, he'll be having the Russian one instead. :mjpls:

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Toni KKKroos.

He said some slick shyt about Sane too when he wasn't called up for the last world cup.

Not surprising. bro looks straight off an old poster of a wehrmacht soldier :mjlol:

:mjpls:
PVf2T12.jpg