Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

Rogério Ceni is the new manager at Flamengo. He did a good job at Fortaleza, but his runs at São Paulo and Cruzeiro were less than stellar. It’ll be interesting to see how he handles a big job with major expectations.

“Rogério Ceni meeting Filipe Luís at Flamengo”

This was corny, but it made me laugh :mjgrin:

That didn’t take long

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
EmiixSQXYAA1Rmu

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps

I'm seriously getting fed up of people regurgitating this bullshyt.
I honestly wish he was registered and could play so people could see how little a difference dude would make in this current squad.

This exact same situation happened under Emery. Guess what changed when he did come back to the squad?
Not much at all :francis:

Imagine Willian and Ozil in the same team :pachaha:

Montez

Superstar
Daps

I'm seriously getting fed up of people regurgitating this bullshyt.
I honestly wish he was registered and could play so people could see how little a difference dude would make in this current squad.

This exact same situation happened under Emery. Guess what changed when he did come back to the squad?
Not much at all :francis:

Imagine Willian and Ozil in the same team :pachaha:

If Arsenal had planned properly, people wouldn't have to regurgitate this stuff.

No one is expecting Prime Ozil but just someone to help the offense flow better.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Was watching Rants latest video last night. :pachaha:at the term “Brexit ball”. So true though, I only hear white British pundits talking all that “get stuck in” bullshyt and hyping up players like John Hartson and Duncan Ferguson.

Those 2 aren't any different to what Diego Costa did at his peak in terms of physicality. Or Drogba for that matter.

What they did and how they played fitted the era they come from, especially the PL. A lot of the time these sort of players have been asked to do that particular job because of their size. And this leads back to coaching.

Yeah it's cliche but there are times in sports where you have to get stuck in. Especially when someone is trying to dominate you physically. You either wither like a submissive whore or you put it back on them.

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
If Arsenal had planned properly, people wouldn't have to regurgitate this stuff.

No one is expecting Prime Ozil but just someone to help the offense flow better.

Ozil isn't and hasn't been the answer to that though that's the point I'm making.

We dropped him after the lockdown and played better.
People making this point directly after the Villa game makes it even more laughable, as that is exactly the type of game he goes missing in.

Even with him available, as a 10 I would currently play Willock or Saka before I put Ozil there.

Last edited:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Ozil isn't and hasn't the answer to that though that's the point I'm making.

We dropped him after the lockdown and played better.
People making this point directly after the Villa game makes it even more laughable, as that is exactly the type of game he goes missing in.

Even with him available, as a 10 I would currently play Willock or Saka before I put Ozil there.

We didn't. The FA Cup run and games against big 6 teams was a deodorant to our form. Losses to Brighton, Villa, Spurs and an absolutely ugly win against Southampton. That's the same run we are on right now.

I'm all for Arsenal playing anyone in that attacking midfielder position but Arteta doesn't believe it despite the glaring hole. Funnily enough, Pepe was actually hitting form at the end of the season, confidence was high. Now he's buried on the bench. These are all unforced errors by Arteta.