Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Your right. But I think yesterday result is more to do with Villa having a week off and you not. Last 3 weeks you've played 3 extra games then them. Add in lack of break and preseason during the mini break between seasons.

Doesn't help you've got an old squad up front with Willian, Auba and Laca plays like a 32 year old whose legs have gone, when it comes to the penalty area.

You still have a lot of average to shyt players to get rid of from your squad, it's easier to name who should stay. The only nucleus you have are Gabriel, Tierney, AMN, Eleney, Partey, Saka and Auba. Eddie and Nelson aren't good enough because they're flawed and Willock has a chance, but has to be more ruthless. Holding is alright as a 4th CB. The rest :francis:

You can keep on banging on about it, but Ozil is done as PL player. Yeah he can have his moments and maybe a run of form for a couple of games. But his whole Arsenal career is inconsistent and form has been patchy even when Wenger was there. Remember that season when be had like 15-16 assists in the first half of the season and then only had 3 for the second half that sums him up. On his day great, not on his day and its bad and levels have been dropping off before the 2 Basques took over.

I'm just looking for anyone to connect the midfield to the attackers. Anyone. Ozil done but we have no one who plays that role. Willock. Anyone.

No we don’t most of us have turned on him. Only reason he’s still at the club is because he’s friends with Auba and imaginary work rate.

He makes me miss Chamakh...

Need Balogun. fukk it.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Like I said, I am fine with criticizing him. Arsenal never gave him the proper pieces, starting with that Sanchez signing. Sanchez was the worst player to pair with Ozil, and it let me know that Wenger wasn't in his right mind about team building.

But Ozil is a chance creator. That is his superpower and he did it at the best levels ever. If you don't have people taking the chances you lay on the table, that's not because Ozil didn't do his job.

That season which was his best season stats wise, appearances, assists chances created blah blah blah. But like I said it kind of sums up his Arsenal career up and down. Has his best season and Arsenal didnt win the FA Cup or make a final :mjgrin: Dont care about the finishing 2nd to Leicester, it was never a proper title challenge, you lucked up as Spurs choked, even tho Arsenal dropped more points than Spurs did over the 2nd half of the season.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
No we don’t most of us have turned on him. Only reason he’s still at the club is because he’s friends with Auba and imaginary work rate.

He makes me miss Chamakh...
never understood the chamakh signing
he wasnt even great at Bordeaux...yet he was touted as if he was gonna take us anywhere

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
That season which was his best season stats wise, appearances, assists chances created blah blah blah. But like I said it kind of sums up his Arsenal career up and down. Has his best season and Arsenal didnt win the FA Cup or make a final :mjgrin: Dont care about the finishing 2nd to Leicester, it was never a proper title challenge, you lucked up as Spurs choked, even tho Arsenal dropped more points than Spurs did over the 2nd half of the season.
We fukked up because our strikers stopped scoring goals. Giroud and Sanchez could not finish the second half of the season.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I'm just looking for anyone to connect the midfield to the attackers. Anyone. Ozil done but we have no one who plays that role. Willock. Anyone.

Thats a result of not being able to sell any of your average to useless players to bring in Aouar and Lyon arent going to accept £1m over 53 years payment plan . You had to sell your best keeper to get a DM you've only been needing for over a decade. Most likely going to have to wait till next summer to get that sort of player. Or play Willian central and go back to 4231.

Your playing a formation which is ideal for counter attack, but playing slow labouring football in the hope that a team over commits on the press to exploit the space. Arteta is trying to recreate Ster7ing with Auba (I'm talking about the back post space Citeh used a few years back, especially when Leroy was there and Ster7ing would get the tap ins. Arsenal goal vs Citeh in the Fa Cup Semi from Pepe's cross is exactly why Arteta plays Auba wide left.) but they are totally different players and Auba while a winger at ASSE. Dortmund and Arsenal hes a striker. Having Auba #9 running in behind should stretch and create more space and gaps, which worked/works for Leicester.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
We fukked up because our strikers stopped scoring goals. Giroud and Sanchez could not finish the second half of the season.

Losing to Swansea, Palace being Palace and getting abused by Andy Carroll is what phucked you up. 2 pts out of 9.

We are both wrong :mjgrin:

it wasnt Ozil and Giroud or Sanchez fault it was the defensive players. Can always argue that the defence begins with the attack :skip:

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
:whoa: Hey everyone lets stop the Chamakh Slander....

He was very good if only for 6 months :lolbron:I vividly remember there was a real debate going on as to whether RVP came straight back into the team after his injury during that period.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
never understood the chamakh signing
he wasnt even great at Bordeaux...yet he was touted as if he was gonna take us anywhere

Wenger was hoping his sprinkling of pixie dust was going to work again. But I do think he did realised he needed a target man/someone to hold up the ball to break down certain teams. Otherwise he wouldnt of tried to make Bendtner work or sign Giroud later on down the road.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Losing to Swansea, Palace being Palace and getting abused by Andy Carroll is what phucked you up. 2 pts out of 9.

We are both wrong :mjgrin:

it wasnt Ozil and Giroud or Sanchez fault it was the defensive players. Can always argue that the defence begins with the attack :skip:
Its Arsenal, the defense was always trash.

But we really didn't score goals that season. Giroud and Sanchez went on a sabbatical from January to March, along with Sanchez getting injured in November. Wenger even benched Giroud for Welbeck because of his lack of scoring. We lead the league in xG by a lot that season.

Sanchez :: Alexis Sanchez :: Arsenal FA Premier League 2015/2016
Giroud :: Olivier Giroud :: Arsenal FA Premier League 2015/2016

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

gi1HmvL.gif