Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its time to face facts.. Arsenal is a mid table club and it will be a mid table club for some time

I dont think we're a midtable team. I just think Arteta style off coaching is on some midtable mentality.

He was at Everton too long

And then he got infected by Pep and his over coaching.

He has to find his own way

Montez

Superstar
Daps
If Arteta was trying other things I wouldn't be mad. Young manager and he will make mistakes but I don't really understand the plan against smaller teams.

He's too conservative, his man-management is horrible and he talks out of his ass about hard work when he continues to play favorites.

Willian isn't even that bad, he's just misused. Only Arteta would make Willian the primary creator and have Aubameyang spamming crosses for Lacazette and Willian.

:gucci: Will be lucky to get 20M

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Arteta was trying other things I wouldn't be mad. Young manager and he will make mistakes but I don't really understand the plan against smaller teams.

He's too conservative, his man-management is horrible and he talks out of his ass about hard work when he continues to play favorites.

Willian isn't even that bad, he's just misused. Only Arteta would make Willian the primary creator and have Aubameyang spamming crosses for Lacazette and Willian.

Willian has no legs anymore, he's done, he misplaced simple passes. 1st goal came off his turnover.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Your right. But I think yesterday result is more to do with Villa having a week off and you not. Last 3 weeks you've played 3 extra games then them. Add in lack of break and preseason during the mini break between seasons.

Doesn't help you've got an old squad up front with Willian, Auba and Laca plays like a 32 year old whose legs have gone, when it comes to the penalty area.

You still have a lot of average to shyt players to get rid of from your squad, it's easier to name who should stay. The only nucleus you have are Gabriel, Tierney, AMN, Eleney, Partey, Saka and Auba. Eddie and Nelson aren't good enough because they're flawed and Willock has a chance, but has to be more ruthless. Holding is alright as a 4th CB. The rest :francis:

You can keep on banging on about it, but Ozil is done as PL player. Yeah he can have his moments and maybe a run of form for a couple of games. But his whole Arsenal career is inconsistent and form has been patchy even when Wenger was there. Remember that season when be had like 15-16 assists in the first half of the season and then only had 3 for the second half that sums him up. On his day great, not on his day and its bad and levels have been dropping off before the 2 Basques took over.

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Apart from a selective few, no one gave a phuck about women's football in England till they made the World Cup semis in Canada was it? Wherever it was in 2015. No one was interested about womens sport pre 2012. Only time time anyone cared is when Wimbledon is on and Athletics/track and field or when it came to the Olympics. And after that people went back to not caring.

IDK if she does, but if she doesn't, she should concentrate more on football in Merica and improving it for everyone at grassroots level.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Remember that season when be had like 15-16 assists in the first half of the season and then only had 3 for the second half that sums him up.
I am fine for critiquing Ozil's time at Arsenal, but this is disingenuous. Sanchez and Giroud hit a cold streak in front of goal while Ozil's chance creation rate was still near the same as earlier in the season.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Kunty McPhuck

I'm watching something on Ronaldo, can you explain how and why he only played 1 season at Barca? That still baffles me, was the money too big for Barca to resist?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
@Kunty McPhuck

I'm watching something on Ronaldo, can you explain how and why he only played 1 season at Barca? That still baffles me, was the money too big for Barca to resist?
I am not @Kunty McPhuck, but Ronaldo said he was like the 6th or 7th highest-paid player at Barca and wanted a raise that reflected that he was the best player in the world. They didn't pay up and Inter called.

Ronaldo talks about anger at leaving Barcelona and being part of Real Madrid's Galaticos