Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I am fine for critiquing Ozil's time at Arsenal, but this is disingenuous. Sanchez and Giroud hit a cold streak in front of goal while Ozil's chance creation rate was still near the same as earlier in the season.

You missed the point. It's not about that season per say, it's how it plays out, like most things in his career at the club. Up and down, like Bayern CL game, where he went from amazing to total shyt after he missed that pen after 15mins. The bipolar nature of his Arsenal career regardless of who missed chances or not, it's either great or poor. Maybe he should of done more in front of goal himself then, especially if players are struggling for form? By what you are saying Ozil was in good form then, so he should of stepped up, no? That's what World Class/elite level players do, no? Cannot blame Giroud and Sanchez for that. It's comes down to the fact that he doesn't do enough.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
@Kunty McPhuck

I'm watching something on Ronaldo, can you explain how and why he only played 1 season at Barca? That still baffles me, was the money too big for Barca to resist?

What @mastermind said and Barca are basically cheap b*stards. They could of kept him if they made the effort.

I prefer to see it as Ronaldo left in honour and support of the way Bobby Robson was treated by the board after winning 2 cups and finishing 2nd. :mjgrin:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
You missed the point. It's not about that season per say, it's how it plays out, like most things in his career at the club. Up and down, like Bayern CL game, where he went from amazing to total shyt after he missed that pen after 15mins. The bipolar nature of his Arsenal career regardless of who missed chances or not, it's either great or poor. Maybe he should of done more in front of goal himself then, especially if players are struggling for form? By what you are saying Ozil was in good form then, so he should of stepped up, no? That's what World Class/elite level players do, no? Cannot blame Giroud and Sanchez for that. It's comes down to the fact that he doesn't do enough.
Like I said, I am fine with criticizing him. Arsenal never gave him the proper pieces, starting with that Sanchez signing. Sanchez was the worst player to pair with Ozil, and it let me know that Wenger wasn't in his right mind about team building.

But Ozil is a chance creator. That is his superpower and he did it at the best levels ever. If you don't have people taking the chances you lay on the table, that's not because Ozil didn't do his job.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
Time to put Laca on the sword. Most of us love him but if he should have splinters in his ass from sitting on the bench the rest of the season.

Switch

All Star
Daps
Time to put Laca on the sword. Most of us love him but if he should have splinters in his ass from sitting on the bench the rest of the season.

No we don’t most of us have turned on him. Only reason he’s still at the club is because he’s friends with Auba and imaginary work rate.

He makes me miss Chamakh...