Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
The "European Premier League" may be the same format as Euroleague Basketball.

Euroleague Basketball is a separate competition from domestic leagues.

There's no way Premier League teams are giving up that large amount of money they get from the Premier League

Euroleague format works because you can play 4-5 games a week. Some of these football team look tired and labouring in their play by the 3rd game in a week.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
More competitive and more streams of revenue. That's my best guess.
They dont care about being competitive. What im saying is that top premier league teams have no incentive to do it. Unless this league replaces CL altogether. and they can be in both PL and this new league.

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
But the money tho.

For the clubs great for the paying away fans no. Once this pandemic is over, how long is it going to take for things to go back to normal? A couple of years? What jobs are going to be available? What kind of salaries will there be? Will people be able to get what they had before?, probably not. Zoom made it more feasible to work from home now, so office jobs which generally pay the best, does that mean people will only get paid their full salary if they work from the office and have to take a cut if they work from home?

Montez

Superstar
Daps
For the clubs great for the paying away fans no. Once this pandemic is over, how long is it going to take for things to go back to normal? A couple of years? What jobs are going to be available? What kind of salaries will there be? Will people be able to get what they had before?, probably not. Zoom made it more feasible to work from home now, so office jobs which generally pay the best, does that mean people will only get paid their full salary if they work from the office and have to take a cut if they work from home?

I hear you.

Entertainment are in a bubble, people want it and they will find a way to fund it imo. I think long term clubs may opt to go the Netflix route and completely do away with the TV companies and collect the money on their own. Until then, they will just milk the TV companies because live sport performs well and is crucial to TV companies.

They may just go the American route and not have away fans. Which is another issue.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I hear you.

Entertainment are in a bubble, people want it and they will find a way to fund it imo. I think long term clubs may opt to go the Netflix route and completely do away with the TV companies and collect the money on their own. Until then, they will just milk the TV companies because live sport performs well and is crucial to TV companies.

They may just go the American route and not have away fans. Which is another issue.

I was going to say Fans have battered persons syndrome., if they united and protested from buying the clubs branded products and not go to games, it could cause a rethink. But John Henry dispelling that theory because he keeps on shytting on Liverpool being the team of the working class people every passing week. And not seeming to learn his lessons.

Amazing that a certain CEO's former employer is putting up the 4.6b funding .:hubie: