Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Montez

Superstar
Daps
:snoop: FIFA. :pacspit:

The players need to revolt. These governing bodies and clubs give zero phucks about them.

So is this tournament going to be running alongside the domestic and UEFA competitions?

Think the CL is dead. FIFA tapped up the big clubs given they all dont fukk with UEFA. More I read about it, I don't see why the English clubs would break away as the league is a cash cow.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Think the CL is dead. FIFA tapped up the big clubs given they all dont fukk with UEFA. More I read about it, I don't see why the English clubs would break away as the league is a cash cow.

The Americans and Perez thinking is that if the top clubs play each other every week that it will bring in even more revenue and it will. Problem with that, it basically guarantees that fatigue will set in. It will no longer feel special when top big teams play each other.

How does the format work? I assume it's everyone plays each other once and then the bottom 2 don't go thru to the last 16. Or is it just the top 8? Do they play 2 legs? Or do they just do the 1 off games? When does the knock out rounds take place? What about the domestic leagues fulfil postponed fixtures if the Calendar is already full up?

What about the international football calendar?

Last edited:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
premier league clubs would be stupid to do this. They are already raking in more money than all the other clubs. What incentive do they have to join this? it benefits the other euro teams strapped for cash a lot more.

ScottyG

Separate the boys from men
Daps
premier league clubs would be stupid to do this. They are already raking in more money than all the other clubs. What incentive do they have to join this? it benefits the other euro teams strapped for cash a lot more.

More competitive and more streams of revenue. That's my best guess.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
The Americans and Perez thinking is that if the top clubs play each other every week that it will bring in even more revenue and it will. Problem with that, it basically guarantees that fatigue will set in. It will no longer feel special when top big teams play each other.

How does the format work? I assume it's everyone plays each other once and then the bottom 2 don't go thru to the last 16. Or is it just the top 8? Do they play 2 legs? Or do they just do the 1 off games? When does the knock out rounds take place? What about the domestic leagues fulfil postponed fixtures if the Calendar is already full up?

Also, what fans are gonna be able to afford traveling around Europe to see their team play that often?

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Hayley McQueen still bad I see.

The Americans and Perez thinking is that if the top clubs play each other every week that it will bring in even more revenue and it will. Problem with that, it basically guarantees that fatigue will set in.

I think FIFA will make any adjustments. The domestic leagues maybe relegated to just weekends. League Cup will be u23s for bigger clubs. I don't see the benefits of abandoning the domestic leagues tho. I do think clubs will be flexible for their respective leagues.

It appears this is just the CL with the clubs having a great deal of power.

I can see it being a one off and they split the pot like American sports and two legs or series when fans are back in stadiums as it means more cash for clubs.

Also, what fans are gonna be able to afford traveling around Europe to see their team play that often?

They do it in the CL.

Last edited:

Osmar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The "European Premier League" may be the same format as Euroleague Basketball.

Euroleague Basketball is a separate competition from domestic leagues.

There's no way Premier League teams are giving up that large amount of money they get from the Premier League

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth

This is a FIFA backed plan so I reckon they'll work the the international stuff in easily.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Hayley McQueen still bad I see.

I think FIFA will make any adjustments. The domestic leagues maybe relegated to just weekends. League Cup will be u23s for bigger clubs.

It appears this is just the CL with the clubs having a great deal of power.

I can see it being a one off and they split the pot like American sports and two legs or series when fans are back in stadiums as it means more cash for clubs.

They do it in the CL.

At most 7 away games now (thats making the final) vs 8-9 and your team might not even make it to the knockout rounds.