Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
I wasn't buying that. I used the Tony Witter example. He's an old 90's player who was more known for a lower league career. He was a CB and was on loan to Reading from QPR, he broke/fractured his leg, early into the 2nd half and played for 30+ mins with that injury. After reading that as a kid, I always expected the worst from injuries.

Wtf was going on with older players? :picard:
Didn't beckenbauer also complete a game with his arm tied to his body?

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Just because Fabinho can play CB doesn't mean he is going to be great at it and most likely to be exposed as the weak link. That already changed the dynamic of your press, your line will have to drop deeper. The presence from defending crosses is gone. If I'm playing Liverpool now I'm putting half of my attack down Fabinhos side or bombard the area with crosses.

With Fabinho playing CB it frees up for a more balanced midfield, with Wijnaldum ability to get into the box alongside Henderson and Thiago instead of a more one paced Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson trio.

it is what it is:unimpressed:

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
Matip is a wine glass , hate to say it but we may be looking at Fabinho--Gomez backline.

:unimpressed:
NTfjf8M.png

So what club is pulling a Leicester this year? :jbhmm:

Spurs