Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honestly, they probably did that because they expect the fans to pay for whatever they tell them to pay for. They haven't really found the pushback point yet.

Well this £15 per game shyt is only on a one month trial so lets hope it fails.

Will I have any issues using Peacock with a VPN? :patrice:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I also don't want mandem thinking I support PL greed. I've long advocated for greater control in football like in American sport. The sport needs greater regulation of TV products, agent fees, and player health. The sport isn't sustainable. We used to pay $15 per game in the early 2000s until Murdoch bought the TV rights but the PL has fukked us with NBC, so I understand completely.

I just found it odd this season fans were hitting clubs hard for not spending money when you're in the middle of a pandemic.

The league hasn't thought outside the box to bridge the gap since covid. Knew we weren't dealing with the smartest in the room when they didn't run ads during the water breaks. Many missed opportunities to bridge the economic gap.

@SCORCH You shouldn't have issues. Set up is too easy.

Last edited:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Southgate should be sacked. It's becoming obvious 2018 was a fluke and he has no idea what to do.

:ohhh: John Henry set covid in motion. A pandemic and teams losing 8 figure sums does help push the idea of cost control measures.

Can't let a crisis go to waste. :smugbiden:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Southgate :stopitslime:

Not even starting Grealish...

He wants this 343 to work.

But just like vs Wales on Thursday and vs Croatia in the WC, vs the good teams it will end up as a back 5.

I got the ideal way to use Grealish, Sterling Rashford/Sancho and Kane all in the same line up. Have Sterling behind Kane with Sterling pulling out wide and Grealish start left and give him the freedom to come inside and drop deep to play as the most advanced 8. So it's a 4411/433. And with Kane able to drop deeper like he has been doing for Spurs recently this creates space for the wings to use their speed to attack.

Last edited:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I also don't want mandem thinking I support PL greed. I've long advocated for greater control in football like in American sport. The sport needs greater regulation of TV products, agent fees, and player health. The sport isn't sustainable. We used to pay $15 per game in the early 2000s until Murdoch bought the TV rights but the PL has fukked us with NBC, so I understand completely.

I just found it odd this season fans were hitting clubs hard for not spending money when you're in the middle of a pandemic.

The league hasn't thought outside the box to bridge the gap since covid. Knew we weren't dealing with the smartest in the room when they didn't run ads during the water breaks. Many missed opportunities to bridge the economic gap.

@SCORCH You shouldn't have issues. Set up is too easy.

Ohhhh, I'm finna eat :eat:

He wants this 343 to work.

But just like vs Wales on Thursday and vs Croatia in the WC, vs the good teams it will end up as a back 5.

I got the ideal way to use Grealish, Sterling Rashford/Sancho and Kane all in the same line up. Have Sterling behind Kane with Sterling pulling out wide and Grealish start left and give him the freedom to come inside and drop deep to play as the most advanced 8. So it's a 4411/433. And with Kane able to drop deeper like he has been doing for Spurs recently this creates space for the wings to use their speed to attack.

Legit have a flat back 5 at times :dead:

Southgate and Boothroyd in charge of the senior and u21s, somebody needs to answer for these crimes.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Ohhhh, I'm finna eat :eat:

Legit have a flat back 5 at times :dead:

Southgate and Boothroyd in charge of the senior and u21s, somebody needs to answer for these crimes.

I give Waistcoat credit for evolving the squad and his basic principles of how he wants the team too play is right. But he has no idea how to implement it properly. The defence being shyt doesnt help.

Your boy Steve Holland aint shyt either :sas2: