Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
I caught our season opener against Fiorentina yesterday. God we played like absolute garbage. The defending was appalling and Lukaku missed a number of easy chances as well as fukked up a lot of attacks with terrible first touches. Still, got the job done with two stoppage time goals to win 4-3.

I'm not sure if I should be enthusiastic or pessimistic. On one hand we played so poorly overall but still got the three points and also had the character to overturn a 3-2 deficit in the last couple of minutes, those are the signs of a champion team. On the other hand we're going to face a lot tougher challenges than Fiorentina, and getting our arse handed by a 37 year old Ribery is very concerning to say the least

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Don't really fukk with Breh but Franco's grandson has been really good since lockdown. I was afraid of him with the ball as he can be pushed off it and got mauled last year at Anfield but he was really good. He has a steel about him.

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
b...b...but Liverpool will struggle without Henderson :mjlol:

Our midfield to defense was swiss cheese today, and Arsenal wouldn’t have picked out those two Laca passes/chances had Hendo played. The ideal midfield trio btw is Fabinho and Hendo + Thiago or Keita. Meaning Hendo will always be in there. We certainly wouldn’t have kept Arsenal in the game if our captain was playing

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Cool since you made more of a than he scores goals. Your initial argument seemed very surface.

If i'm honest, my assessment of Laca is more a system based argument rather than a personal issue with him. I don't think he is a bad player or a donkey as you put it. I Just think in this current system we want to play he offers very little to our overall game plan.

Our current game is very counter-attack based. It's unclear to me why Arteta wants to play Laca through the middle while we adopt this system/Style of play.

He has been part of our counter-attacks, but I see a lot more of our moves break down than come off due to either a lack of pace (West Ham a few times come to mind) and that keeps us penned back a lot more than we need to be, Or actually his first touch ironically as you mentioned it as his one of his better attributes.

See now this is a salient point. One that I for the most part agree with. To be honest, the two of them would work best if we played more of a 4-2-2-1-1 with Laca playing underneath Auba as a duo. When they are both in the box and link up, good things happen.

But again, I'm not about to get on Arsenal's head for losing that match...Allison is arguably what the 4th or 5th best keeper in the world right now? Behind Neuer, Oblak, and Ter Stegen

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Our midfield to defense was swiss cheese today, and Arsenal wouldn’t have picked out those two Laca passes/chances had Hendo played. The ideal midfield trio btw is Fabinho and Hendo + Thiago or Keita. Meaning Hendo will always be in there. We certainly wouldn’t have kept Arsenal in the game if our captain was playing
was he out the last 2 times time they beat yall?

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I truly think Xhaka must some how be the best practice player ever. Cause either Wenger, Arteta, and Emery were told to play him or he just really fooled them.

Cause I'm at the point now, where I just can't understand this anymore. He really isnt good at anything. Yeah once in a while he does something.

But damn, he literally gets paid to lightly jog around, and do absolutely nothing.:mindblown: