Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Montez

Superstar
Daps
We had a shocker but that right side was a disaster. Bellerin looks fried. Holding can't pass. Willian wants the ball at his feet.

He'll come good any day now breh..he's still adapting to the league

8AK_-ggyuSQZCYOCen1755Ih16dhNgStzygSmZ1vC2fdyAEpjvIGbb-qSNj3ixUS6Ed-bqQZt6Iy2d92IFhe82Ks7lYJXfkOv3cmJqydz_vxi6rHij_VPJ1FiiZZ-Oo

Bergkamp was trash his first season too
8AK_-ggyuSQZCYOCen1755Ih16dhNgStzygSmZ1vC2fdyAEpjvIGbb-qSNj3ixUS6Ed-bqQZt6Iy2d92IFhe82Ks7lYJXfkOv3cmJqydz_vxi6rHij_VPJ1FiiZZ-Oo

Emery holding him back

You need to play him in the same system as Lille

:unimpressed:

We play the ball to his feet, what is he to do? That's not his game.

Then the right back is a non-factor attacking wise.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
That 2nd miss by Lacazette just killed the team:stopitslime:

Yeah, it really did. I'm not tripping on this game. I didn't expect to get a point from this. But what Arsenal has learned is the best back line and the best middle of the park. If you can perform like that for 80+ minutes against the champions and arguably the best team in Europe, I'm not tripping.

If anything it makes me think that Arsenal can go to City and get a win and Old Trafford too.

BTW, Pepe is terrible and gassed.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Been saying this before the start of the season. He keeps scoring goals which makes it harder to make the point that he does nothing, but take away the goals and he has barely been in any of these games.

Games like this I would love Auba through the middle with a Saka on the left.

A strikers job is to score goals...he's scored in every game thus far this season. What? :russ:

"StEph gArbagE as fukk outsSdE oF his ouTside shOotiNg...." :mjgrin:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
We had a shocker but that right side was a disaster. Bellerin looks fried. Holding can't pass. Willian wants the ball at his feet.

We play the ball to his feet, what is he to do? That's not his game.

Then the right back is a non-factor attacking wise.

Fam it's unrealistic to expect him to have acres of space to run into in the EPL. If that's the only way he can operate for £72m :unimpressed:

It's basic shyt like delivery, losing the ball etc that have nothing to do with the system. Arsenal were lucky to get any corners tonight and my man was taking the piss bruv. As much stick as Willian is getting I think he's more competent. He made a crucial tackle against Robertson in the penalty box and his overall ball delivery/shooting >>> Pepe. Pepe just doesn't pose that kind of threat.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Aite you got it bro,,,

If that's your response there is no point entering dialogue with you.

Its a terrible argument. Link up play? You weren't going to see it today. But he tracks back, something most strikers refuse to do nowadays outside of Firminho. And his first touch is often class. On the goal today, after Xhaka's pass he one touches it out wide to AMN. A donkey doesn't make that pass OR make the run to get back into position for the goal.

If there's an argument you would make against Lacazette its that he's small and doesn't take challenges well. But look at the two he's score against Spurs and tell me an average striker makes those. He's far from the best player, but that assessment is clown shoes, breh.

Do you watch football or just skim through it? Out here thinking everyone can be KDB on the ball and make 60 yard, no look curling crosses.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In games like this Xhaka is useless. Still too much dumbass defending, 3 men don't need to track 1 player, shiit was constantly happening.

Willian didn't track Robertson at all for that 2nd goal. Leno is slowly becoming a crap goalie, dude got no hands, not commanding to lax with distributions.

All in all wasn't a terrible performance, just a performance that highlights are shortcomings, both player wise and management. Still confident off a Top 4 finish.

I really want Partey, our middle is just too open(Pause)

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Fam it's unrealistic to expect him to have acres of space to run into in the EPL. If that's the only way he can operate for £72m :unimpressed:

It's basic shyt like delivery, losing the ball etc that have nothing to do with the system. Arsenal were lucky to get corners tonight and my man was taking the piss bruv. As much stick as Willian is getting I think he's more competent. He made a crucial tackle against Robertson in the penalty and his overall ball delivery/shooting >>> Pepe. Pepe just doesn't pose that kind of threat.

I agree. He is super frustrating. His personality is too casual, he's inconsistent, and he's sloppy with the ball. I was disappointed by his corners but we don't play the ball into spaces and the opportunities were there. I have to look again but I don't see what he could've done.

Saka is a better option given how Arteta wants to play. Willian is useless to me.

The 72M was a bung and a favor, thats why Raul got sacked. I don't trip over the fee. I never thought he was a 72M player.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
arsenal needs to secure those two midfielders quick

they still have a chance a make top 2 if they get them(even 3, have you seen City's defense?)

there are no other great teams besides Liverpool

Thats literally all this team needs right now.

Its so glaring how weak our middle is.

Last edited:

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
Its a terrible argument. Link up play? You weren't going to see it today. But he tracks back, something most strikers refuse to do nowadays outside of Firminho. And his first touch is often class. On the goal today, after Xhaka's pass he one touches it out wide to AMN. A donkey doesn't make that pass OR make the run to get back into position for the goal.

If there's an argument you would make against Lacazette its that he's small and doesn't take challenges well. But look at the two he's score against Spurs and tell me an average striker makes those. He's far from the best player, but that assessment is clown shoes, breh.

Do you watch football or just skim through it? Out here thinking everyone can be KDB on the ball and make 60 yard, no look curling crosses.

Cool since you made more of a than he scores goals. Your initial argument seemed very surface.

If i'm honest, my assessment of Laca is more a system based argument rather than a personal issue with him. I don't think he is a bad player or a donkey as you put it. I Just think in this current system we want to play he offers very little to our overall game plan.

Our current game is very counter-attack based. It's unclear to me why Arteta wants to play Laca through the middle while we adopt this system/Style of play.

He has been part of our counter-attacks, but I see a lot more of our moves break down than come off due to either a lack of pace (West Ham a few times come to mind) and that keeps us penned back a lot more than we need to be, Or actually his first touch ironically as you mentioned it as his one of his better attributes.