Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yeah, I think his game is kinda soulless. I was trying to figure out why and I think he might be too robotic for me.

Recently heard he has more goals and assists than Zidane but I would take Zidane every time.
I'll go one step further and say I find the entire team robotic. For the amount of talent they got on there, I find their matches a chore to watch at times.

I can't say that about any other PL club, and that includes Mourinho's Spurs that folk love to shyt on. Peps brand of football just ain't for me :hubie:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Who would you say currently plays in a similar position that has that flair?

Most "flair" players are wingers à la Neymar, Hazard, Sancho etc but some CAMs that I can think of are D. Silva, Milinković Savic, Isco, Dybala (if you consider him a CAM). It's definitely a trait that's not as common in the modern game for CAMs.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

Bartomeu is now trying to keep Suarez from leaving Barça just to prevent him from joining Atléti.

tenor.gif

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Power player with no flair.

We will see more midfielders like him going forward and the game will get hella boring.

The downside of academies.

Just thinking about the flair aspect slowly being eradicated, the death of streetball plays a part in that. The kids now are entering academy football so early and such an emphasis placed on technique and possession at that level along with all-round athleticism being higher than in previous generations. What is seen as the perfect athlete to play football, tekkers + athleticism, majority of the players will be clones. So it will make the football look more robotic as everyone will be doing the same thing.