Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Yeah, I think his game is kinda soulless. I was trying to figure out why and I think he might be too robotic for me.

Recently heard he has more goals and assists than Zidane but I would take Zidane every time.
I agree
teams like Bayern and man united of old, he fits to a tee

but I prefer midfielders with ball retention skills and tekkers

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Yeah, I think his game is kinda soulless. I was trying to figure out why and I think he might be too robotic for me.

Recently heard he has more goals and assists than Zidane but I would take Zidane every time.

KDB is the player you want on your team because he delivers but you don’t get excited to see play. He’s a great passer, technician etc but he just doesn’t have the flair

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
KDB is the player you want on your team because he delivers but you don’t get excited to see play. He’s a great passer, technician etc but he just doesn’t have the flair
Who would you say currently plays in a similar position that has that flair?

Montez

Superstar
Daps
It’s going to be ugly when/if Arsenal don’t get Partey and Aouar. I don’t think our fans truly realize how bad things are in football. Kroenke being rich out his ass means nothing when he has that stadium in LA that went over budget by a few billi and other teams impacted by Covid.

That type of player is dying out because of the way modern football has developed.

Even the number 10 is required to put in the graft, you see what happened to Ozil he was the last of a dying breed.

We’re in the Factory Footballer era. Mourinho gets a ton of hate but managers like Arteta and Pep are also part of the problem. They don’t want unpredictable players who aren’t runners.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
That type of player is dying out because of the way modern football has developed.

Even the number 10 is required to put in the graft, you see what happened to Ozil he was the last of a dying breed.
Thanks. Haven’t been watching long so I’ll go back and find some Ozil clips. It makes sense that you say that those types don’t exist much. I was trying to figure out who fit that style currently and was coming up empty. I missed that era :francis: