Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

IrishBrother

Bubblin' in Dublin
Daps
Irish Brother dropping knowledge backed up by Guru regurgitating the stuff he reads on 365. :ohhh:

Its pretty common knowledge. There are some decent articles about the "blue brothers' online if you want to educate yourself.

Dunno how you can feel comfortable in a stadium surrounded by people who would love to kick you out of the country? :snoop:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its pretty common knowledge. There are some decent articles about the "blue brothers' online if you want to educate yourself.

Dunno how you can feel comfortable in a stadium surrounded by people who would love to kick you out of the country? :snoop:

You'd be surprised by how many Black/Asian supporters you'd see at the ground :troll:

IrishBrother

Bubblin' in Dublin
Daps
You'd be surprised by how many Black/Asian supporters you'd see at the ground :troll:

I wouldnt. Watch a news report broadcast from an African nation, low and behold and there is a shot of a black lad sporting a Chelski jersey.

Real Madrid too!

Some bro's are stupid as hell. But English bro's take it to the next level.

The kip really needs to be left permanently glowing in the dark. Unfortunately, I live next to it.:bustback:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Guru in rare form :ohhh:

I'd love to see you try this act with somebody like a Trevor Nelson, and many other black/asian supporters from that era, and see if you wouldn't get laughed out the place. Every club has or has had an element of racist support at one point. Some, like Chelsea, bigger than others but to act like it's exclusive to just one club is laughable.

Tbh I didn't even really know about the racist element of Chelsea's support and how deep it was until I was early-mid teens. Up until that point I pretty much unaware. But by then it was too late and thank fack for that :ahh:
Id try it on them, no problem :smugdraper:

Im sure they will probably hurl some racial epitaphs at me, in what will prove to be some delicious irony. :ohlawd:
I'm a Sheffield Wednesday fan and was at the game. Hope they throw the book at that fan. Disgraceful behaviour.

how were they allowed on the pitch?

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wouldnt. Watch a news report broadcast from an African nation, low and behold and there is a shot of a black lad sporting a Chelski jersey.

Real Madrid too!

Some bro's are stupid as hell. But English bro's take it to the next level.

The kip really needs to be left permanently glowing in the dark. Unfortunately, I live next to it.:bustback:
Wot a moron. :snoop:

You think people in Africa aren't going to wear Drogba and Essien shirts because some Chelsea fans are/were racist?

In the early twenty-first century the game has reached unprecedented heights of popularity and a global following not only of men and women playing it but also watching and following it.

Thanks to satellite television, radio, and the Internet the progress of teams competing in domestic competitions such as La Liga in Spain and the English Premier League, and in wider regional tournaments such as the UEFA Champion’s League in Europe and Copa Libertadores in South America, is keenly followed by a global audience; often by people living on opposite sides of the world.

This shirt itself was made by a German-owned company, Adidas, in China and alongside Drogba’s name carries logos of its manufacturer, Chelsea Football Club and its current shirt sponsor, Korean electronics company Samsung.

British Museum - Football shirt

Not often a players shirt ends up in the British museum. :umad:

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Id try it on them, no problem :smugdraper:

Im sure they will probably hurl some racial epitaphs at me, in what will prove to be some delicious irony. :ohlawd:

how were they allowed on the pitch?

There's only advertising boards and a small wall between them and the pitch. The stewards had no chance of stopping that many people and they certainly werent expecting the mini invasion.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Colombia vs Brazil at Metlife on November 14, decent game and wouldn't mind going

*checks ticketmaster* cheapest ticket is 70 dollars? fukk that

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
we're talking about a football league sponsored by a bank that got rich on slave trading in a country that gunned down millions of brown people to control their natural resources and to have the right to fly their flag in their lands, and you wanna bring up a 20-30 person group like the blues bros? most of them have been banned from the grounds anyway, no? :laugh:

brehs if we wanna get militant we should stop watching most professional sports, as black men are pimped out by white millionaires more than they are made millionaires themselves.

and btw, only one top 4 team was started by people making munitions to gun down said brown people :troll:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
they were workers, not decision makers. :aicmon:

Lets not talk about a top 4 club's former owner who some how lost the World Cup trophy. :mjpls:

concise

Veteran
Daps
So I'm in the library this week to return an overdue book at a branch that's kind of far from my home. I didn't feel like heading right back out, I mean, making a trip out there, putting a book in the book drop and heading right back out the door seemed kind of aimless in a way.
So I decided to use the public computers just for nostalgia's sake.
I'm browsing the coli, reading crap on some news websites, in an unfulfilled fashion. :shaq2: I could really be doing this at home.

All of a sudden, I hear music coming out of someone's earphones. A very familiar riff:

I turn around and some middle-aged, bald white guy (a very stereotypical looking Brooklyn white [Italian?] guy) is on youtube listening to Close to the Edge. I turned around and stared for a bit. :ohhh:
He turns to the lady next to him and says (approximately), "This song is 18 minutes. I don't think I can listen to a song that long. I'd go nuts listening to the same song for 18 minutes."

He changed the song before we even reached the "close to the edge, down by a river" line.

I chuckled. :pachaha:

Last edited by a moderator:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Been playing fitba every week for the past couple of months now for general fitness and to get me that SEX BOD these fatherless whores crave and I've got to thinkin, fukk me, how did Gazza do it?

How? It blows my mind honestly :mindblown:

That he would get shytfaced the night before a match, wake up drink and smoke before a match and win MOTM.

After a night of drinking I have trouble dragging out of bed to get Chipotle tbh :ld:

I thought about having a bit of a drink before but one time before I cramped up badly and put the PBR down and grabbed my Gatorade. And I'm just playing pick up ffs.

How do you do it playing at the pinnacle of your respective sport?

It's really a marvel :ohhh: